1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561198054383533 - (Keet / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Keet, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Keet

Keet Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:47058902
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198054383533 (Keet)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    This account is owned by my brother. Note that I do not have access to this account and do not use it myself. We live in the same household using the same Wifi connection. At one point we might have been using one another's computers logged into Steam with our own respective accounts.

| steamname: \HT.S/The_HAVOK
    | steam3ID: [U:1:81979485]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:40989742
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042245213
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/KOVAH_EHT
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198042245213

Appeal description:
    First and foremost, the origin of my SteamRep ban is Mann Co. Trading (MCT), which can no longer be reached to appeal an MCT ban. I was informed to appeal my ban here on SteamRep from this thread about a similar issue; Ref: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steam-rep-apeal.121845/#post-339314.

As of today, circa 1,548 days (4 years and 3 months) have passed since the incident. In subsequent, I have matured from the ignorant child I was. The small offense of Spycrab running I had engaged in four years ago tarnished my reputation, even four years after occurring. Being an avid trader back then and having nearly all trade servers and useful trading websites unavailable to SteamRep banned players was devastating, it made me take a long break from TF2 and Steam trading. It made me regret what I had done deeply and appreciate what I had, even affecting trading sites outside of TF2 such as CS:GO Lounge. Years later after hearing news about SteamRep's change to their Trading with Scammer Policy, I decided to try trading seeing as it would not harm other players by spreading a SteamRep ban to their account. I found a TF2 Trading server I was not banned from and was filled with nostalgia as I traded and played for hours. Remembering back, I was sure that the player I had refused to give my item of interest to after being beaten at Spy Crabbing was very disappointed to the point of reporting me; I'm sure I would've been if I were in his situation. If I could go back in time to fix what I had done, I would in an instant, even without knowing that I would get a SteamRep ban if I didn't. If that player is still around and wants whatever item I had offered him years back, I would be more than happy to get hold of one to give to him. Notably, I do not remember who this player was or what item I had scammed him out of. I have been through a lot on this account and I don't want to that up give up and create a new one to start fresh with the sentimental value it has to me. I am truly sorry for what I had done, I have regretted it for the past four years, and I solemnly swear to never take part in the scamming of another player ever again.​
  2. Keet

Keet Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    UPDATE: I will be going on vacation outside of the U.S. for 3 weeks tomorrow (on June 23). If I get a response between June 23 through July 14, please be considering and patient as I may not be able to reply.

Regards,
    Keet
  3. Keet

Keet Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    Also! I have changed my name to the following: "Keet (On Vacation - 3 weeks)" if that is important since my current steam name was a requirement for the appeal.
    I will be changing my name back to "Keet" after I return from my trip.
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You have submitted an appeal for a tag issued by a community which no longer exists. All defunct community tags are inherited by SteamRep, but because the community responsible for the tags has disappeared, often taking evidence with them, a special procedure is in place.

Please log into steamrep.com and search for your own profile. On it, you will see a link below your tag(s) to submit an appeal.
    [​IMG]
    Click this link and follow the instructions. When you are finished, your appeal status will be listed below your tag. The process is in beta, so please reply here if you encounter issues.