1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198057041264 - (Apples / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Apples, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Apples

Apples Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:48387768
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198057041264 (Apples)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Other] Another reason (Not commonly accepted)
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    It took me a while to make an appeal because I didn't realize I had one until now. I took a look at the case and yes it is a very solid case. However, what actually happened was much more complicated than that.
    One of my friends actually told me to sell that wrapped "Vintage Fan'o'War" for him. He gave it to me telling me that it was very valuable and that I should ask for 1.5 buds or 2 buds in unusual. I don't have any screenshots of this because at the time I was still fairly new and thought that it was actually real. So I admit to attempting to scam someone, but I did so unknowingly. I thought that the trade was real and that the item was real, and because of this, did not realize that what I was doing was considered scamming. In the end I never actually made the trade so there were no victims.
    The only solid piece of evidence I really have is the screenshot which is attached. Originally this evidence was used against me but when I looked at it I found something rather important. If you look at the image, the gift clearly says that it is a gift from someone else. And you may think that I probably just gave the item to him so that he could wrap it, but if you check my entire trade history you will find that I never did such a thing.
    This person who gave me the gift is no longer on my friend's list so I don't know what he is up to anymore. But I feel that he is the one who is really guilty of fraud because he led me to believe that what I was doing was merely making a simple sale. I know that this looks bad but I hope that you will understand and lift my ban.​

Attached Files:

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Please disclose any alternate steam accounts you have or can be linked to you.
  3. Apples

Steam:
    I do not have any alternate accounts.
  4. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    Does anyone else use your internet for Steam? They might be considered alts as well.
  5. Apples

Steam:
    Oh in that case a few people in my friends list might qualify, but I'm not sure if they would like to get involved.
  6. Apples

Steam:
    I was quite surprised too, but as it turns out that IS the real value of a Vintage Fan'O'War. I was accused of scamming not because of overpricing, but because the Vintage Fan'O'War I had wasn't real.
  7. Marcus Aurelius

Marcus Aurelius Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53127148
    So it was nicknamed 'Vintage Fan'O'War'?
  8. Apples

Steam:
    I would assume so.
  9. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    We're getting a bit off topic here... but yes, it's a normal fan renamed to look like a vintage and wrapped. The yellow text gives it away as well as the quotation marks.
  10. Apples

Steam:
    Yes, the main point is that I feel I am experiencing injustice because somebody who was once my friend basically tricked me into an attempted scam. It does seem a little far fetched but it is the truth, and I hope that my ban can be lifted.
  11. You Are The One

Steam:
    You were the one selling it tho, not your friend. You also need to disclose any associated accounts linked to you.
  12. Apples

Steam:
    That is correct, I was selling the item. But suppose the Vintage Fan'O'War was an 100% real item. If that were the case, I would not have been steam-rep banned, but probably just called out for spamming in chat or something. What I'm trying to say here is that in my mind at the time of the incident, that was the case. I was misinformed into believing that the Vintage Fan'O'War was in fact 100% real. If I had known that it was a fake item, I wouldn't have dared to attempt fraud of such high degree to say the least. In fact, I distinctly recall that the entire reason I didn't sell the Vintage Fan'O'War to the guy who reported me was because he questioned its authenticity. When he did that I started to panic, and doubt the item myself. I'm sure if you asked him he could confirm that after we talked for a bit I became reluctant to sell. Eventually we called off the trade because I wouldn't go for it. Also I don't have any alternate accounts, unless by "associated accounts" you are referring to the people on my friends list?
  13. You Are The One

Steam:
  14. Apples

Steam:
    In that case I suppose Bear Stack might count because he has used my wifi before.

And also, I'm sorry if it looks like I'm trying to dodge punishment and make excuses, but that's just the way this case is. It already explicitly states in my appeal that I admit to attempted scamming, but I also want to make it clear that I didn't know I was attempting a scam. That one detail is the entire reason I MADE an appeal, the reason I emphasize it so much is because its what separates a crime from a misunderstanding. I'm already fully aware how flimsy my case is, but I stand by it so rigidly because its the truth and no less. I take responsibility for having had the item, I take responsibility for trying to sell the item, but I can not truthfully take responsibility for attempting to deliberately deceive someone into buying a fake item. If I was responsible for that I wouldn't be making any of these arguments to begin with.
  15. You Are The One

Steam:
    You need to link the user you speak of, steam friends returns 87,411 profiles....
  16. Apples

Steam:
  17. Apples

Steam:
    I don't suppose you still need more info? :I
  18. You Are The One

Steam:
    After a review, I find you were unable to substantiate your claim that another user passed the gift-wrapped item to you to sell unbeknownst to you. As above, you attempted to scam and I cannot consider such an appeal when you do not take full responsibility for your actions.

Appeal denied.