1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198063949420 - (The Law Enforcer LFT / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Law Enforcer, May 20, 2014.

1. Law Enforcer

Law Enforcer New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:51841846
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198063949420 (The Law Enforcer LFT)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Wrong Alt - Alternate account is not my account
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    I have three accounts under my control. My main account is this one, The Law Enforcer. I also have two other accounts that I lost the information to. I believe they are called siacc and jbailey. All other accounts I have not stated are my brother's accounts, and should be marked immediately if they are not. I know of three accounts under my brother's control, two of which are marked. I forget the name to his third, however, I've seen it on outpost :/​

Appeal description:
    So, first of all, I made a scam report, and the next day, MY ACCOUNT WAS MARKED AS MY BROTHER'S ACCOUNT, without notifying me or anything. I have already posted how I felt about that, and will copy and paste it below.

Report link: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...-in-9-16-day-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.65175/

"
    I have just logged on to tf2 outpost to find out I am a marked scammer, with it stating I'm an alt to my brother's account. I can not believe the injustice in the steamrep community. I am an honest trader, that has helped more people than I can count. I live in the same house as my brother, yes, and therefore share the same IP. However, this wont be the case when I go to college in the fall. I will tell you exactly what I tell everyone else.
    I will do everything in my power to prove to you that I am a different person. I have friends on my stream profile that know me in real life. I will skype call steam rep admins if they wish so that I can verify that I am who I am, that my family will SHOW you I have a brother. I will even link our facebooks. I am an 18 year old student who enjoys tf2 and its trading community, and am going to college in the fall for criminal justice.

You steamrep admins have marked me without first talking to me. This is the biggest part of your investigations, and I am applauded with how your system works. We are all guilty until proven innocent, not innocent until proven guilty. This isn't how justice works. I know how it does, I study it. My steam name isn't just law enforcer because I like it, I love studying criminal justice. And this is not justice. To have my account marked before this guys with ALL THE EVIDENCE, while all you have is an IP. And, to have my account marked without discussing anything with me is unbelievable. I have lost all faith in the tf2 community.

I want a steamrep admin to talk to me right now. Not have a discussion through forum, not have a discussion behind a keyboard, but a true face-to-face discussion so that you know I'm a human too. And I don't want to wait days for this. If you can steamrep admins can be so quick to mark me, I think you can quick enough to follow through with your investigation, and properly handle this."
    -This is what I said immediately after I found this out. I'm not trying to be rude by it, just stating how it is. "

Now, if you read that whole thing, I stated that I will go to great lengths to prove to you that I am a different person than my brother. I am requesting the optional 1-on-1 interview as part of my appeal in order to show you that I am in fact a different person. My family can also talk to you, since when he scammed, disciplinary action was taking against him for his actions. I have a few friends on steam that know me in real life, and will verify that I am a different person. Lastly, should you want more, I have links to mine and my brother's facebook accounts, which will again, show you that I am a different person. I don't want to give my skype or facebook information online, so please friend me on steam or email me for this information.

As to the "helping" I was doing for my brother, I was not helping him profit. I was teaching him how to properly trade, how much hard work is required to do so, and why it is wrong to scam. I feel that this kind of proactive opportunity is missing from the tf2 community. If you do not agree with me, and wish me to stop with this, I will. I had no malicious intentions, and only wished to make the tf2 community better.

To add to this, I will be going to college next fall, so my IP adress will most likely change (unless I decide to go to the local tech). This will certainly prove that I am a different person.

Therefore, to sum up my "evidence".
    1. TF2 friends that know us in real life.
    2. 1 on 1 interview through Skype that will prove I am a different person, and gives you a chance to privately discuss this appeal with me, my brother, and my family.
    3. Facebook accounts that we have had for years that will further prove I have a brother.
    4. I meant no harm by teaching my brother, only to create a safer community.

Thank you for your time. I only ask that you look at this in totality, as I am an honest, hardworking trader that only wishes to make the community a better play. I treat the tf2 community like a police officer treats their community; keeping it a safe, fun environment.​
  2. Law Enforcer

Law Enforcer New User

Steam:
    Hello, I'm just posting to tell you that you can hold off on the investigation for a little bit if you would like. I'm going to either a tech or college this fall, so my IP address should change with it (I don't know how IP addresses work). That should be able to tell you that I am a different user. Should you not want to wait, or should you still want to pursue the 1 on 1 interview, the best time to do that would be before school starts. I apologize for these exigent circumstances, but they could be avoided. Please leave a reply if this is alright, or if there is a better option I could pursue . Thank you for you time.
  3. Law Enforcer

Law Enforcer New User

Steam:
    Alright, I have sent this from my college (should have a different IP than my house) and my new computer. Sorry it took a while to respond, I am going to college full time and working late nights as a security guard. I want this investigation to go forward, and am asking for a 1 on 1 interview with me and my family, so that I can prove that 1) I do indeed have a brother 2) That the brother is fun police and the alt account you false fully linked mine to and 3) that I did not scam anyone. Please friend my on steam or find a way to message me so we can set this up. Again, I am really busy, and my family has to have notice before this interview goes forward. Also, it would allow me to privately send Facebook links and other stuff that would also prove we are different people. I understand that you are backed up, but this really needs to be done in a timely manner. Thank you for taking the time to do this, and I look forward to talking about this.
  4. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    I was scammed 2 years ago by Law Enforcer's brother, known as Fun Police, or Jizzed @ Best, and today he came to me asking to repay for what his brother did in hopes of getting the related SR tags removed on appeal. He was kind and courteous, and has more than repaid the value of the items taken in said scam at the time before accounting for price inflation. I fully support the appeal of Law Enforcer, because he has more than repaid the damage done. To be perfectly clear, I am in no way supporting his brother, the original perpetrator.

Attached below are the relevant chat logs and screenshots of the trade and conversation. Please do what is possible to remove the SR tags from Law Enforcer.

Original Scam Report: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198064267805-jizzed-best.15792/ Screenshot 2014-12-16 18.52.51.png Screenshot 2014-12-16 18.51.55.png Screenshot 2014-12-16 18.51.55.png Screenshot 2014-12-16 18.52.51.png Screenshot 2014-12-16 18.54.11.png Screenshot 2014-12-16 18.54.11.png Screenshot 2014-12-16 18.52.51.png Screenshot 2014-12-16 18.51.55.png

Code:
    Tuesday, December 16, 2014
    6:23 PM - Cobalt: yes?
    6:23 PM - The Law Enforcer: Hello, I heard that you were scammed from a user that might have been called "fun police" at the time
    6:25 PM - The Law Enforcer: This is the forum post
    6:25 PM - The Law Enforcer: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198064267805-jizzed-best.15792/
    6:25 PM - Cobalt: he had a different name at the time, but changed it to fun police shortly after
    6:25 PM - Cobalt: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198064267805-jizzed-best.15792/
    6:26 PM - Cobalt: ah i see you have my forum thread
    6:26 PM - The Law Enforcer: Yes, I'm his older brother (I am falsy marked as an alt due to IP address)
    6:26 PM - Cobalt: ah are you the alt that was marked at the bottom of the thread?
    6:26 PM - The Law Enforcer: Yes, but I am a different person
    6:27 PM - Cobalt: How come you have interest in a thread ban from over 2 years ago?
    6:27 PM - The Law Enforcer: He has no interest in repaying the items. What items were stolen exactly?
    6:29 PM - Cobalt: A strange huntsman, a big kill, a strange back scratcher, and 3 voodoo-cursed souls of various classes
    6:29 PM - Cobalt: http://i.imgur.com/juCvd.png
    6:29 PM - Cobalt: from the ban thread
    6:31 PM - The Law Enforcer is now Online.
    6:31 PM - Cobalt: So if he has no interest in repaying, even if he could, what is your interest in this?
    6:32 PM - The Law Enforcer: Well, I'm trying to fix the damage he caused (especially since I am appealing steamreps error) so I am trying to find the people he scammed
    6:32 PM - Cobalt: And what do you want from me?
    6:33 PM - The Law Enforcer: Bacisally, I'm trying to repay you since he never will, nor could he if wanted to
    6:34 PM - Cobalt: I see
    6:34 PM - Cobalt: Can you?
    6:35 PM - The Law Enforcer is now Online.
    6:36 PM - The Law Enforcer: Yes, would one of my 3 unusuals be enough to repay you?
    6:37 PM - The Law Enforcer is now Offline.
    6:37 PM - The Law Enforcer is currently offline, they will receive your message the next time they log in.
    6:38 PM - The Law Enforcer is now Online.
    6:38 PM - The Law Enforcer: (sorry if I keep going offline, college wifi isn't that great right now :/)
    6:39 PM - Cobalt: Just a minute, I'll check the prices
    6:39 PM - The Law Enforcer: alright
    6:39 PM - Cobalt: Been 2 years since I've played TF2, that scam put me off the game
    6:40 PM - The Law Enforcer: I understand, being falsly marked by steamrep has done the exact same :/
    6:40 PM - Cobalt: What exactly has the mark done to you in terms of servers able to join?
    6:41 PM - The Law Enforcer: Got kicked from a VALVE server for no reason because someone found out...and I was just playing, not trading
    6:41 PM - The Law Enforcer: also, your banned from trade servers and online serves like outpost and warehouse
    6:41 PM - Cobalt: How long have you been banned for?
    6:42 PM - The Law Enforcer: SInce about april/may. Pissed me off, because all I have done is help out friends, and they marked me without an investigation :/
    6:43 PM - Cobalt: Why did they ban you? Were you reported for another offense?
    6:43 PM - The Law Enforcer: I tried to teach him how to properly trade (not scam), and he ended up getting scammed himself. I submitted the report for him since he didn't know to, and they marked me an alt
    6:44 PM - The Law Enforcer: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-76561198063949420-the-law-enforcer-lft-banned-by-sr.65432/
    6:44 PM - The Law Enforcer: and this is the report
    6:44 PM - The Law Enforcer: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198046903717-leaving-in-9-16-day-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.65175/
    6:45 PM - The Law Enforcer: all that evidence, and they haven't marked him yet...but marked me in less then two days
    6:45 PM - Cobalt: surprsing he hasnt been makred yet
    6:45 PM - Cobalt: *marked
    6:46 PM - The Law Enforcer: I have lost faith in steamrep because of it
    6:46 PM - Cobalt: Have you tried adding a reply to the thread to ask?
    6:47 PM - Cobalt: It has been 8 months even so
    6:47 PM - The Law Enforcer: My brother did (even if it was impolite)
    6:47 PM - Cobalt: Are you serious about repaying for your brother's scam?
    6:48 PM - The Law Enforcer: Yeah, I've been trying to find out who he scammed, but I couldn't until now :/
    6:48 PM - Cobalt: What are you willing to do, since he is trade banned?
    6:49 PM - The Law Enforcer: I figured one of my unusuals would cover it
    6:50 PM - Cobalt: Very well, I can accept that, and I'll respond to your steamrep thread if you like afterwards
    6:50 PM - Cobalt: Be sure to keep screenshots and chatlogs if we go through with this trade
    6:50 PM - The Law Enforcer: Thank you, could you include screenshots of this conversation and trade history to prove it?
    6:50 PM - The Law Enforcer: Yes, thanks.
    6:50 PM - Cobalt: Will do
    6:51 PM - The Law Enforcer has accepted your request to trade.
    6:53 PM - Cobalt: I got screenshots of the trade, and I'm copying the chat history
    6:53 PM - The Law Enforcer: Thank you. Sorry about what he's done, and sorry it took so long.
    6:54 PM - Cobalt: It's alright, thank you for putting to right what happened

5. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hmm, a account that is appealing that its not a alt, is not required for repay. I'll have to edit the Appeal Tips topic for this I guess. Thought that should have been obvious.
  6. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    As his brother the original scammer is trade banned, and most likely wouldn't repay at all, Law Enforcer has put to rights what happened, even if he wasn't required to. He has shown himself to be an honorable person, and different from the scammer and as such, not an alt
  7. Law Enforcer

Law Enforcer New User

Steam:
    I understand that it's not required. However, I realize that my brother does not intent to repay his victims, nor could he if he wanted to. I felt it would be an injustice not to do so, especially being his older brother. Thank you for your response.
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello @Law Enforcer,

Read this topic: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
    And please pay special note to the following point(s):
    #25: Your appeal was granted, what now?

I've granted your appeal. It won't be able to grant it for your brother ever, for he can't repay anymore for you did so, and too much water under the bridge + impersonation isn't generally granted anyhow.