1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198065980100 - (Monti / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by monty2510, Aug 25, 2016.

1. monty2510

monty2510 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50434401
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198065980100 (Monti)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before, but was told to handle other tags or to fix something else before my appeal

Alternate Accounts:
    76561198061134530 | 76561198065980100 | 76561198062892014 | 76561198062825547 | 76561198062895692​

Appeal description:
    I was able to recover this account. But this was made with a different email and infomation than the original steam account. I have tried many times to recover that acount but would no longer know where to start as I do not know the username email security questions, any games bought. Any friends, any card info. ANYTHING about the account. Please accept this
    FROM LAST THREAD
    |
    V
    I committed the offence when I was 11 back in 2012. I am now 16 and a completely different person. Kids make mistakes and after I attempted to scam someone I obviously never did again and lived with the tags for a good 4 and a half years or so. I am getting back into trading and competitive TF2 and would greatly appreciate if the tag could be removed.
    Firstly I had a Tf2OP tag, this was removed personally by Sneeza the owner of TF2OP with help from WIKI the admin at tf2OP. They decided to unban me as they believe I should be given another chance, now that I have removed the tags from all my alts (again I have NO access to any of these accounts anymore and I havnt for years) I am here to appeal the SR tag
    THE OLD THREAD WITH LOTS OF USEFUL INFORMATION
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Are you referring to your forum account here, or your Steam account? Specifically, were you able to recover your Steam account and log in that way, or did you just reset your forum password?
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. monty2510

monty2510 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50434401
    My forum account. I was able to reset it as it used a different email than the steam account from all those years ago
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Based on your multiple attempts at appealing, from multiple accounts, as well as ban evading, it's very clear you were attempting to misrepresent yourself as trustworthy through self-vouches, with intent to scam. You even admitted it in some of your appeals. However, I will downgrade your tag to caution for the following reasons:
    1. Time already served as banned for original offense
    2. Lack of other reports against your account
    3. Changes to SteamRep's investigative policy regarding fake reputation
    4. TF2 Outpost's (community you were reported from) intention to lift your ban
    Keep in mind that being reported for further fraud while marked with CAUTION will leave you with much less benefit of the doubt. Be very careful and open/honest in your transactions, and keep good records of large transactions in case there are any disputes. In the matter of reputation, I recommend you review the following: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/what-constitutes-reputation.12391/
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**