1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198069339718 - (A_Passing_Cow / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by A_Passing_Cow, Apr 15, 2015.

1. A_Passing_Cow

A_Passing_Cow Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54536995
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198069339718 (A_Passing_Cow)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    Hello, roughly 1 year ago when i was regularly trading through tf2 i got a backpack.tf ban without reason. This happened around the time i planned on quitting tf2 anyway, therefore i wasnt too bothered. Recently i have gotten back into trading and noticed i also now have a tf2 outpost ban which really complicates matters as i am a frequent user of it. I got some friends that noticed my sr ban to link me to the thread where i made what i thought was an appeal. I posted screenshots of my trade history and described how i was sure that i didnt do it . To clarify i was accused of sending a trade offer to a person stating that they would trade me their unusual and i had put money into the offer that they would get after accepting it. (Link: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.64992/#post-248630). According to the victim there was no chat. I dont recall ever talking to this person or attempting to scam them. On a side note i selected that it was a hijacker that took over my account just because i am genuinley clueless as to who it was. I changed my email and password on steam straight after. Whats strange is steamguard didnt notify me about a hijacking attempt. It could have been my brother but he doesnt really play computer games. I really wish i could explain it in more detail but that is everything i know.​
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello @A_Passing_Cow,

You provided Inventory history on the report, but it didn't comply to our requirements.
    please include the top, and mind the required steam settings shown below.

Required Steam Settings for this exercise:
    • Open the Steam Browser by double clicking the steam icon in the tray in lower right corner of your screen.
    • On top left, open menu "Steam" and select "Settings".
    • On the new Settings dialog box, select "Interface" and enable the tick in front of "Display Steam URL address bar when available".
    • Click "OK" to close the Steam Settings dialog, applying the setting.
    How to make the screenshot(s) and add them to the reply here:
    • In the Steam Browser, go to your Inventory, by clicking your Nickname in the top middle and selecting "Inventory"
    • On top right, click the "More" button that is shown above the game labels for the various inventories you have, and select "View Inventory History".
    • Seek the trade that relates to this on the number of pages you have (look below for the requirements).
    • Go to the start menu and type in the seek box "snipping", you will find in Vista and later the "Snipping Tool", click it to start it. It directly wants to make a screenshot. Select the full window excluding the very top of the steam browser window where your LOGIN name is shown. But INCLUDE the Nickname, the steam URL bar fully, both sides and full bottom of the steam browser.
    • Click the "Diskette" icon, or click "File" and then "Save As...", and save it to your desktop.
    • Come back here and make a reply.
    • Drag the image into the reply on the forum from the desktop.

Requirements of the screenshot(s):
    • Exclude the Login name and steam wallet amount that is on the very top right.
    • MUST show the Steam URL in top left.
    • MUST show the NICKNAME in top middle.
    • MUST show the Steam window fully from left side to the right side of the window.
    • MUST show the related trade from the day before to up to at least 2 days after the trade or current date if that is earlier.
    • MUST show to the bottom of the steam browser window.
    • You are NOT to edit the screenshot, and NOT to blank out anything.
    • If you are using a custom skin, we will require you to redo this with the default Steam skin.
    For an example, click this screenshot: http://files.steamrep.com/1/2014-10/2014-10-12_20-16-58.png

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. A_Passing_Cow

Steam:
    So i checked the date when the report was posted and it is around May 16th, here is my trade history from around then. If you could tell me the exact date i can give you a more precise history. But here it is with all of the requirements matched i think. Im happy to take some more if you think i have missed something.

Attached Files:

4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    You claimed on the report to have only made 6 trade offers, but that's only the few you can still see. Only for a limited time the old trade offers will be available for review. As Inventory history is leading for the trades done. You also replied so long after the report was made, that those trade offers where impossible to be linked to the trade offer made to the reporter....

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. A_Passing_Cow

Steam:
    Im sorry i can't give any more evidence, i hope that you can take my word for it. Feel free to talk to anyone on my friends list about whether i am the scamming type. Honestly i would never try to scam someone and i know you cant just make a decision knowing that but thats genuinley all there is to know.
  6. A_Passing_Cow

Steam:
    If any admins are still looking at this thread, i would greatly appreciate some answers as to why im not being given information on my ban
  7. A_Passing_Cow

Steam:
    Come on, need info on this. Stop wasting my time please.
  8. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    After a review of the report and the appeal, their is insufficient evidence to overrule the original admins decision.

Appeal denied.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**