1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198071601747 - (CartoonXXX / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by CartoonXXX, Jul 12, 2016.

1. CartoonXXX

CartoonXXX New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55668009
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198071601747 (CartoonXXX)

Appeal Plea: N/A. There are no offenses listed at all.
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Mistake - Admin misunderstood evidence or made a mistake
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    Hello SteamRep, I recently got banned from you maybe cause I copy pasted a steamrep middle man profile, but it was just a joke with a friend, I actually scammed nobody with it. Thanks for reading.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    After a review,
    A name change alone is not sufficient to tag, a profile picture and name change for a non green tagged user is not taggable. The user you impersonated was green tagged and its reasonable to assume (since you copied their profile details) you knew that. Tho your story is plausible on its face, you exceeded that realm by attempting to copy/match the users custom URL, something that I do not find reasonable to do if I were just messing around with friends. You did impersonate a green tagged user, you were correctly tagged within SR policy and since that was the only basis for your appeal, I am denying the appeal.

Appeal denied.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**