1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198087943912 - (❖ | PixelEssence / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by PixelEssence, May 25, 2016.

1. PixelEssence

PixelEssence New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:63839092
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198087943912 (❖ | PixelEssence)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Wrong Alt - Alternate account is not my account
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    No I do not have an alternate account. The only alternate account I've ever created but never used is under the name xx_well.worn.toaster_xx or something like that, I created it over a year ago and can't even remember how to log in to it.​

Appeal description:
    I mainly want to know why my friend was banned, (what evidence lead to the conclusion that he was in fact scamming) if I may. I am mainly here to ask to have this ban lifted off of my account because the account I am considered to be the main of, http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198184221849 is not mine. I know the person IRL. I'm assuming that I am considered to be the account's main because I have the "❖" in my name, and because my account has a similar custom link, (mine is PixelEssence, his is OG_Essence) but that is invalid information in my opinion. At one point, (especially if you check the account's previous names) he had a name similar to mine because him, myself, and 2 other friends all queued together for CS:GO for quite some time before this all happened. This is the same period of time when he changed his custom URL to one similar to mine, along with his name, because we were queuing with similar names as a joke/for fun. FGBravo, the "main" account linked in the thread, also pointed out that maybe I was considered to be an account impersonator for his account, but my steam level is way higher than his, which is why (if that was the case), I believe my ban is invalid. I don't want to ramble on too long, so I'll leave it up to the person reviewing this to decide what further information is required or what not, and thanks for reading this. I'll try to provide the required information as best as I can.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    We do not tag based on name history, that is absurd. Now please read this very carefully http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
    specifically #7 but the rest as well and amend your appeal as needed.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. PixelEssence

PixelEssence New User

Steam:
    I'm really not sure why I my account is banned then. Sorry if anything I am saying is irrelevant or whatnot, but I would assume the only way of resolving this issue would be to ask the person who reviewed the case, http://forums.steamrep.com/members/sjru.136/ why I was banned. Here is a link to the thread, http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198184221849-csgo-counter-strike.129205/ and if you read through it all, my account was in no way involved or even mentioned in the thread. That is why I am assuming my account was banned for having some sort of similarity to the account convicted of fraud.
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    You did not address what I asked about. Explain your relationship with the other account in question fully. Lying by omission is still considered lying and grounds for an appeal to be instantly denied.
  5. PixelEssence

PixelEssence New User

Steam:
    Oh, sorry, my relationship with the other account is by friendship in real life. We often play together, (or at least used to). He goes to my school, which is how I know the owner of the account in real life, but yeah, he's just a friend that I play games with, nowadays it's every so often that I play with him because he isn't as active on his computer as I am. Hopefully that answers your question.
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    Be more specific,
  7. PixelEssence

PixelEssence New User

Steam:
    What else can I say? Him and I are friends in real life because he goes to my school, we play together infrequently because he plays sports (Rugby). I bought him CS:GO a while back (less than a year ago, maybe 7 or 8 months?) which is how we became friends (on steam anyway) after I learned that he liked playing PC games in his spare time. He never used steam until I introduced him to it. We play CS:GO together, as well as a few of my friends, which is why his friends list has a good amount of my friends as well (A lot of my friends were good CS players before the massive derank and they are now all at his skill level area, so I told him to add them). I don't really know what else I can say to answer your question, if you need anything else I'd be glad to clear anything up for you.
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    Add me on steam then, you are not providing enough information about your relationship with the other user to show you are not an alt.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  9. PixelEssence

PixelEssence New User

Steam:
    Added
  10. You Are The One

Steam:
    Appeal being denied. Their is no evidence on our end indicating you are separate users, all of our evidence indicates a single user. In addition, you were not honest in our chat, I am declining to provide further details on that (as is standard when we know users are lying to us) Rest assured tho, our notes are open to all SR admins and on a case by case basis to community admins if they question one of our tags.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
    Roudydogg1 likes this.