1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198091608851 - (Hot Waffles / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Hot Waffles, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Hot Waffles

Hot Waffles Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:65671561
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198091608851 (Hot Waffles)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    I currently have no alternate accounts.​

Appeal description:
    Awhile back I was offered $35 PayPal for my Gut Knife. I added the offerie on steam and discussed it with him for quite some time. After deciding a price and changing payapal information I decided it was a good deal. He sent the money very fast and surprised me with how little caution he used. I refreshed my paypal to see the money there. After thinking it over for some time I returned to the person and said something like "Decided not to go through with this since you might charge back, and I'm returning the money now" I proceeded to remove him from my friends list and blocked him. Shortly after a report was made and my friend was annoyed at me for scamming him. I attempted to give the money back but by the time I was able to get to it the paypal dispute had closed and I was unable. He had also blocked me on steam so I was unable to give him items.

I am truly sorry for this event and would surely pay him back if I could. I hope that my change of heart can I show that I am not truly a bad person, I just saw a chance of free things and my greed overtook me. From the bottom of my heart, I am sorry.

I would upload some proof of transaction and chat logs but I cannnot since theyre all long gone

- Waffle​
  2. Hot Waffles

Steam:
    Is there any update on this or do I just need to wait? (I'm new to SteamRep :p )
  3. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    Refunds take 30 seconds. Disputes take 14 days to a month and repeatedly ask you for input on the case. At any time during a dispute you can accept the dispute and fully refund the money.

Typically, when deciding to not go through with a deal the first thing someone does is return whatever has been given so far.

On the report against you you claimed to have given the knife to the person you scammed.

On the report against you it was shown that you got him to cancel the dispute, causing it to not refund any money to him. You also have his paypal info, which means you could return his money at any time but choose not to.
  4. Hot Waffles

Steam:
    1st: I was unable to repay him at the time of the scam because I had added the money into my steam wallet and bought things from the community market.

2nd: I did claim to give him the item thinking I could just say that and get away with it. On the entire post I acted like a total douche and feel very bad for the whole event.

3rd: I was unaware that paypal disputes could close and thought that I'd just give him the money when I got it but I did close, and I didn't know about it. I could have refunded the money but I had no money in that account until a certain date which was after the dispute would close. Just after the dispute closed I went on a long summer vacation to California and stayed with family there. Towards the end of my stay I was told by a friend I was SteamRep banned. I looked over the appeal and knew I was proved to be a scammer. The person I scammed proceeded to add me and say something like "Good luck with your SteamRep ban and f*** you!" and removed me. I said nothing back.

I would have re-payed him after I got the money into my account but the report had already been accepted and me repaying him with paypal transfers isn't a form of repayment on SteamRep.

Hope this clears a couple things up!

- Waffle
  5. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    I thought you weren't able to repay him at the time of the scam because you had no intention of paying?

Also, you should read: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/

Especially the parts about being honest, being straightforward, timeframe of your appeal, repaying victims.

Why did you select that option?
  6. Hot Waffles

Steam:
    Answering your first post: At the start I didn't have any intention to repay him but once I started to feel bad and realize what a mistake I had made I changed my mind.

Answering your second post: I've read over the post you linked and acknowledged all points you told me to look into.

Answering your third post: When making the appeal I misread the option to say "Victim Repayment:Yes, I will repaid the victims of my offense(s)" If I could edit my post I would change it but I cannot.

- Waffle
  7. Hot Waffles

Steam:
    I've come into contact with scrempls (the person that got scammed) We've got a good price on repayment and he's agreed to it. When I repay him would repaying a agreed upon amount (12 CS:GO Weapon Case Keys) be correct? I assume this would count and if so what proof would I need? Screenshots of trade history or what? Just double checking so I don't send him items and it turns out there's not enogh proof.
  8. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    Yes, you'd post screenshots of the trade history involving repayment once it occurs.
  9. Hot Waffles

Steam:
    Scrempls hasn't been on since our last time speaking and I have been unable to speak with him further about repayment. If a mod/admin of steamrep could comment in this that'd be great!

- Waffle
  10. Hot Waffles

Steam:
  11. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Based on the report, the odds of this appeal being granted are slim to none. I hope you keep your tag.
    Salmon likes this.
  12. Hot Waffles

Steam:
    Not sure if this has gotten seen by any staff members. If so any update?
  13. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
  14. ★scrempls♕

★scrempls♕ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:113188521
    Although I can't say for sure Hot Waffles has a change of heart but he is putting in the effort to try to repay me, I hope the SR Admins can be lenient towards his case once he repays me back of what he scammed me.
  15. You Are The One

Steam:
    He should repay regardless if he truly is sorry, based on the report tho, he is only saying he is to get his tag removed, odds are slim to none.
  16. You Are The One

Steam:
    You have 2 weeks to show repayment or appeal will flat out be denied.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  17. You Are The One

Steam: