1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198109840015 - (Excalibur / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Excalibur 2, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Excalibur 2

Excalibur 2 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:74787143
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198109840015 (Excalibur)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Other] Another reason (Not commonly accepted)
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    Well I think that this ban is really unfair. The last report I made,
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198085384766-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.70669/ , got archived. Why? Because it was my fault. My mistake was similar to his. I didn't check the contents in the trade. The report he filed, http://forums.steamrep.com/posts/204454/ , was initially archived and said that it was his fault that he didn't check, but today or yesterday it was reopened and the other admin who last commented was deleted (the comment was deleted). It was then replaced by another admin saying that it is my fault. http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/some-consistency-on-bans-would-be-nice.77790/ :- how am I admitting admittance? Just saying that it is his fault. Just because that they r both rich ppl means that they get the upper hand? My report was archived within a day. His was looked at and such. Why?I think this is really unfair. I thought this site was a site to report scammers meaning that this site can't tolerate unfairness, but it clearly shows here that its unfair. Explain please. Also it was his mistake and I have to pay for his mistake? Doesn't sound one bit right. Also I am not obliged to trade back am I? It is also said in Steam rules to not rush trades and to check contents of the trade, correct me if I'm wrong.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    The explanation was given in the thread you linked, read it.

You are not obliged to do anything, eat, sleep, drink, whatever it may be. But when a user is tagged on SR, we require repayment as part of appealing.
  3. Excalibur 2

Steam:
    the trade was for a c.heart bonk helm worth 3 for a aces panama and the nano, panama was 1. Nano was 5.3 ~price diff 3.3. Cud i do 3.3 buds or Ill try and get back the nano and u add 2 buds
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Correction: it was a mod that archived the report.
  5. Excalibur 2

Steam:
    i need an answer
  6. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    The original trade was supposed to be a stormy nano and an aces blokes bucket for your circling heart bonk helm. Price range on the knifestorm nano you were given by accident at the time was 4.5 to 5.6 buds, meaning the difference between the nano you got and the nano you should have gotten is between 3.5 and 4.3 buds.

You will have to come up with a solution that is around the expected price range and that the victim is happy with. If he is ok with just getting the price difference back in pure, do that. Otherwise, get the nano back and sell it to him for the price of a stormy at the time, 1 to 1.3 buds.

You will be losing something in this deal because you gained something you shouldn't have. All of this could have been avoided if you had fixed the problem when it happened...
  7. Excalibur 2

Steam:
    I spoke to him and he is asking for an 8-10 bud unusual and says that he values the nano at 8 buds or more. I've provided chat logs below. sry for the foul language i got quite pissed.

Attached Files:

8. Excalibur 2

Steam:
    These r the last few pics

Attached Files:

9. Excalibur 2

Steam:
    Just realised this, the first guy didnt answer my question. Why was I banned? What is the reason? It is stated in Steam's rules to not rush trades and always check the contents, right? I didn't hack, phish, scam, hijack, shark. Nothing. So what reason was I banned on?
  10. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    I think you'll find your answer in this thread: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/some-consistency-on-bans-would-be-nice.77790/

The idea is that you received the wrong hat, noticed the difference in value, and refused a re-trade for what was originally agreed upon.
  11. Excalibur 2

Steam:
    i see, but no where does it say I'm obliged to retrade. But he is asking me to repay 6-8 buds and he won't give the stormy storm nano, is this fair?
  12. Excalibur 2

Steam:
    im paying 6 buds in unusuals he is fine with that, but I need to know that if i pay back will i get unmarked?
  13. ODoyleRules

ODoyleRules New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36695686
    Excalibur has ben working with me to pay me back for the incident.
    We settled on a trade a few moments ago, so I am content that he has settled our debts and I vouch for his appeal. Thanks to all involved
  14. ODoyleRules

ODoyleRules New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36695686
  15. Excalibur 2

Steam:
    Can I please get unmarked?
  16. Excalibur 2

Steam:
    You are the one i added u to discuss about the appeal and to unmark me and u didn't respond and just unfrended me?
  17. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    I declined to look into your appeal yesterday because you added me out of the blue to address it and as I told you 100 times in chat, I am not going to take a recent appeal when they are hundreds older.

WAIT.
  18. Excalibur 2

Steam:
    how long more wud i need to wait?
  19. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
  20. Excalibur 2

Steam:
    hi, it has been over 500 days since i have repaid the victim. When am i gonna get unmarked?