1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561198119443874 - (randomguy515151 / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by randomguy515151, Aug 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randomguy515151

randomguy515151 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:79589073
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198119443874 (randomguy515151)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Mistake - Admin misunderstood evidence or made a mistake
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    Running from spy-crab game

Hello. Today a Skial administrator ('SΔRGENT¥ (MCT)| tipofthehats.org') approached me and said that he had seen the argument between me and 'radioactive source'. I did not pay radioactive source the agreed 1 refined prize, as he had consistently paused and waited for me to taunt first and then he did it himself after. I waited on multiple occasions for him to start, as he even waited for me to finish my taunt when we started, but he never did initiate and he would always get me to start first. He also paused on several occasions after taunting, wasting even more time and by the end he clearly did fewer taunts than me. He did this deliberately in the hopes of having a lower chance of 'crabbing', as statistically the game was in his favour since he taunted fewer times.

He then argued with me afterwards and he admitted to have deliberately stalled and he even knew it was a general rule that was expected to be followed.

Provided here is the link to the picture I took of the conversation between me and radioactive source: http://imgur.com/ZJNoBA7

The administrator approached me about 10 minutes after this and demanded that I pay radioactive source the prize that we agreed upon. I then told him that he had cheated, by intentionally doing fewer taunts and by waiting for me to go first everytime, and then continuing to stall further by pausing even more. I looked on 2 websites for the spycrabbing rules ( on a forum post seen 36,893 times on tf2-trader.com and on www.thespycrab.net/rules) and both times it stated that 'All competitors should taunt at the same time'. The administrator then disagreed on this and said that ( I quote from the chat), ' IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO GOES FIRST'. The admin continued to repeat this, but I disagreed, as mathematically if someone taunts fewer times, he will have a lower chance to spycrab. The admin also said that the rules stated on websites such as the ones listed above aren't really applicable to the server (skial), but I cannot quote it as this message has been lost, as this message has been cut off on steam chat, as it is not possible to scroll up any further.

I understand that the admin had his reasons, but the admin was not present at our spycrab game and his only evidence is based off from the public conversation that I had with radioactive source. However, radioactive source admitted to cheating in that game ( screenshot above) and the prize was also just 1 refined. I continued to try and defend my point with the admin, as I believe that radioactive source taunting fewer times gave him an unfair advantage against me, but the admin disagreed. This rule is however stated on multiple websites and it does make logical sense, but yet I am banned.

I hope that you can take into consideration what I have said above and that you understand that this is a very minor incident. The prize was also only 1 refined, but I only argued because I believed it was genuinely unfair on me. I hope that you can unban me over this very minor incident, as I did not even run away, since I still stayed on the server long enough for the admin to still be able to contact me easily and for radioactive source to talk to me. I only left the server when I was banned because of that incident, so I didn't even run away. I also have a clean history and I believe it to be unfair for me to be banned for the first time over just 1 refined, even when radioactive source broke a rule.

Thank you for reading this appeal and I am sorry if this has come across 'long-winded' but I felt it necessary to try and describe it in as much detail as possible. I did not mean much trouble and this minor incident can be resolved easily as I am willing to repay him.

Thank you.
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Looks like your tag was already addressed with reddit.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.