1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198123546225 - (Mugen / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Mugen, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Mugen

Mugen New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:81640248
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198123546225 (Mugen)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Friend/Family - My account was abused by a family member or friend
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    Last March 26, our family went to a 3 day trip, the day before that March 25 (Tuesday) a friend of mine asked if he could use my account in Dota 2 (level 19 at that time) so He would level it to atleast 20 so I could open the lvl 20 gift box, I told him YES because he's a friend of mine I know where he lives, and I know most of his family. So I came back March 29 and immediately messaged him about my account, he told me it was level 20 already and a few more games and it would be 21. Around 8 in the evening I was about to open D2L but I kept getting the "http://dota2lounge.com/banned" url. So I immediately searched about it and learned about people getting banned in D2L for reasons such as scamming, fraud, etc. I found a thread that leads me to steam rep and found out that "I" was banned by SR and that I was using a tactic called "Steam wallet scam", I started thinking that my FRIEND used my account to scam people, I messaged him about this and tried to call him but he wouldn't answer. It got worse when I learned that he was steam offer-ing a lot of people. So I immediately canceled all steam offers he made until I found out that 1 of the people he was trying to scam was a staff member of D2L, I tried to talk to him but he refused. I confronted my friend the next day and apologized for what he did he had no valid reason for why he did it and I learned that he already sold his account, up until now I never talked to him nor had any contact with him.

The reason that It took me more than 2 weeks to appeal this, is because I was so busy transferring to a new University, and up until now I am still halfway into my enrollment. With all due respect to the whole staff I never committed any crime, scam, fraud, or anything related to those. It was a big mistake to lend my account even to a friend, I learned from my mistake and I really hope that you would reconsider this ban. Thank you for your time.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You are responsible for your account, that includes who you let access your account.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Mugen

Mugen New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:81640248
    I understand sir and I learned from my mistake, I just want to clarify again that I never scammed anyone in my entire time in dota2lounge, with all due respect I really hope that you would reconsider sir. And thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    please add me on steam.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. You Are The One

Steam:
    2 week notice to followup.
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    Not going to be able to grant this appeal,
    1. lack of followup
    2. you are still liable/responsible for actions done by your account.