1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198145137931 - (okay / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by ImSoPro 3, Oct 12, 2016.

1. ImSoPro 3

ImSoPro 3 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:92436101
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198145137931 (okay)

Appeal Plea: I committed some of the listed offenses, but not all of them
    Appeal Reason: [Evidence] Fake - Report had falsified evidence
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198204941951/ is my alternate account that i use ONLY for playing csgo as a smurf. I do NOT use it for trading.​

Appeal description:
    Dear admins,

I was trying to sell my weather orb from dota 2 for a price above what its worth. So i added a guy who my friend has recommended to me who was interested in buying the orb. We negotiate but he tells me all he wants is a csgo knife which i never had in the first place. I then try to act as if the item is worth a few more dollars then it is which i regret doing now. However he finds out the actual worth of the orb. He then starts calling me a 'massive scammer' which trigger's me. I block him and unfriend hoping never to see him again.

Also, regarding his evidence he had provided. I do not understand how i am being accused when the whole conversation is with someone i do not know of. I am quite sure he was angry that i tried to get profit on my item which is probably the reason he made the fake conversation to try and manipulate what actually happened. I hope you guys make a fair judgement after listening to both sides of the story. I also hope next time admins should not make a judgement too quickly.

Thank You.

P.S I cannot show any evidence of the conversation i had with him as it has been a while since this occurred and he also has me blocked.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    In the isolated context of the chat in the report specific to your tagging, I do concede its suspicious but probably not ban worthy (caution at best), but, looking at your friends chat from the same incident https://forums.steamrep.com/threads...counter-strike-global-offensive-items.137736/ It does read exactly like a glimmer drop scam.

You selected fake evidence as your appeal reason, but you concede that you DID have an interaction similar to what was in the report with this user and cannot provide any evidence to counter the reporters screenshots. Furthermore, you know the other party very very very well, you have had them on/off your friends lists for years (mostly on), prior to the report against you both and even to this day, (including his alternate account that appears you were always friends with) Given the totality of these facts, I find your explanation wholly insufficient/lacking and have no reason to otherwise doubt the report(s) and therefor, the appeal will be denied.

Appeal denied.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**