1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198160476254 - (Watermelon / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by therealwatermelon, Feb 4, 2015.

1. therealwatermelon

therealwatermelon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:100105263
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198160476254 (Watermelon)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    Dear SteamRep,

To whomever this may be of concern.

I recently recovered my hijacked steam account and was fully aware of the illicit activities under the account during which I tried to track and warn potential victims of the impersonation of other accounts of my account. My account was hijacked on the 25th of December, 2014. I have investigated the hijack attempt myself and I have located the source of the successful hijack attempt. I had unknowingly installed a key logger program and have since factory reset my computer to remove all malwares and viruses.

Over the past two weeks, I was unable to log in to my steam account and knew what my account was used for by stalking my own profile. I patiently waiting for Steam Support to reply and aid me in recovering my steam account. The recovery took exactly 4 weeks, as confirmations after verifications had to be sent to Steam, which includes but not limited to last transaction id and purchase in the account, account creation dates and personal information, geolocation verification etc. The steam representative was kind enough to guide me through this unfortunate event and I finally managed to recover my account back today.

Upon looking at the trade history for the past weeks, I have noticed a large number of trades with anonymous users as well as random gifts from steam users. This confirmed my suspicion of the illicit activities the account was used for. I have since contacted the various victims of this incident and have been awaiting their replies and have been eagerly waiting to offer my assistance to them. I took a step further and have requested steam to possibly revert any trades to the respective users after 25th of December 2014.

I am deeply apologetic for the affected users and will be trying my best to retrieve the scammed items for the respective users. I have attached my email conversations with Steam Support representatives as well as other screenshots which may be of help to this investigation.

My utmost priority right now is to recover the stolen items of various users by coordinating with Steam Support on this case. In the long run, I would like to clear my account's name globally.

@miepie38 *selling AKs*
    I have sent you a friend request. I'm ready to offer any assistance to backup your claims for your stolen items to Steam Support. Sorry for your loss.

Thank you for the attention, and have a great day ahead.

Relevent links:
    Reports against my account: http://forums.steamrep.com/search/4...c[node]=3 43 34 60 35 36 37 38 41 42 39 52 17

Screenshots:
    View attachment 209668
    - Totally random location verifications during the incident

View attachment 209669
    - Random trades. On a closer inspection, some of these "bots" are not the official lounge bots. Also, certain trades were rather outstanding due to the price difference, such as the M4A1-S Cyrex for a Basilik.

Sincerely,
    Kevin​

Attached Files:

2. therealwatermelon

Steam:
    782f7856238be59f14b8f52fbcb1cda3.png
    - Creation of ticket for hijacked account.
  3. anonymousvn

anonymousvn New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:18566417
    i was one of the victim (HPV) . If you actually was hijacked, and Steam can reverse all transactions made on that acc, i would like to have my keys back.
  4. therealwatermelon

Steam:
    Hello HPV,

I have since added you on steam. I have, by no means, the ability to refund you and your stolen items. I will try my best to contact steam support to reverse the trades that I've made during the 25 til now period.

Kevin
  5. anonymousvn

anonymousvn New User

Steam:
    so you will be able to refund me if valve actually do that since the trade between " the scammer " and me happened on 26 January.

this is the screenshot of the last part of convo between him and me : http://i.imgur.com/CrnWhE5.png

I deleted all others ss coz i was disappointed to get scammed by a guy tagged by SR. He got tagged just a few hours before i got scammed, i was so careless not to check that.
  6. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    await ticket being addressed.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  7. anonymousvn

anonymousvn New User

Steam:
    This guy is a liar, do not trust him !

So he added me 8 days ago to talk about his hijacked account and my scammed keys. I told him the knife in his inventory is more than enough to compensate for a lot of victims. He said the knife belongs to 1 victim. 8 days passed, the knife still in his invent, i doubt any victim doesnt want to get his knife back...

Not just that , at the moment , he changes his profile pic, link to a thread on Dota2traders

http://dota2traders.com/forum/thread/76561198143143891-sagers-reputation-thread.99469/

, from there link to 2 more accounts which have the same his current profile pic. In his appeal message, one of his provided screenshot shows that his real location is in Singapore. On one of " his 2 new account " , he uses Ukrainian flag, he talks in Russian. Enough to prove that this guy is a big liar. I hope admins can look into this and close his appeal.
    scammer6.png scammer7.png scammer8.png scammer9.png scammer6.png scammer7.png scammer8.png scammer9.png
  8. anonymousvn

anonymousvn New User

Steam:
    Admin, plz deny his appeal ASAP. At the moment, he continues to impersonate another ppl and successful scammed 1 more people.

Screenshots of his profile and real guy's profile below

Attached Files:

9. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    he is indeed impersonating another user at this time,

appeal denied
    SilentReaper(SR) likes this.