1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198188615134 - (Random Guy#ON VACATION TILL JAN / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Random Guy, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Random Guy

Random Guy Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:114174703
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198188615134 (Random Guy#ON VACATION TILL JAN)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    | steamname: Random Bot
    | steam3ID: [U:1:350144784]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:175072392
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198310410512
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/randombot115
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198310410512

Appeal description:
    Hello Sir/Madam. I do admit the scam that i commited, and am extremely sorry for that. I did make the payment back to the victim and I will try to get them to reply here. I love my steam account and seeing that red strikethrough line on my backpack.tf profile and the "warning" message on my steamrep tears me apart. This indeed was my first time and i got a lesson. I will NOT commit more scams because now i know what the consequences can be. I did repay the victim and i will provide proof.​

Attached Files:

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    The report indicates you tried to make repayment conditional of removal, completely unacceptable.
  3. Random Guy

Steam:
    I did state that I will not commit any sort of fraud again and as a matter of fact, it was an accident. I did explain to the victim and the victim was and is one of my best friends. I have been friend with this victim for over 2 months. Also, this was my first time, and I learnt a lesson. From the status of the report, it says more info is needed if I'm not wrong. Can you please guide me what info I need.? Thanks! :)
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    It was an accident you blocked the user?
    And its OK since you said you would not scam again?
  5. Random Guy

Steam:
    Indeed. I did want to trade with the user and I hit block, after that, my mom called me in an emergency, just when I was about to unblock him. Also, the group he commented in, I did not get the notification for some reason and I had to go offline for some time due to the emergency (private). And also, about me quitting, I had two reasons, first of all that I myself was scammed fifteen keys and my report was declined but later the user was banned by SR. Secondly, I need to spend time off as my family is forcing me, that is why my name is "on vacation till Jan".
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    What was it? a mistake or a scam them?

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2016
  7. Random Guy

Steam:
    A mistake I would say, but without knowing that it was an accident, from your point of view, I would say scam. I acknowledge why the report was accepted, I would've done the same if I was the one reading the report. Thanks! :)
  8. Momo | trade.tf

Momo | trade.tf New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:70414252
    I can confirm, the user did return the specified amount.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

a Gentleman likes this.
  9. Random Guy

Steam:
    I'm waiting for a reply, this tag has stopped me from being able to trade so I really need this to be solved ASAP. Thanks! :)
  10. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Honoring your multiple requests by PMing/adding admins, and making new appeals, I will handle your appeal now as a courtesy.

Part of our job in handling "change of heart" appeals is to assess your honesty, remorse, and overall likelihood to scam again. There are a few criteria we look for to help make that determination, and in your case it's pretty clear you're not sorry and only repaying to get the tag removed. I know this because:
    • You offered conditional repayment, stating you will repay only in return for a favorable/quick outcome in your appeal.
    • You have been spamming multiple admins through multiple channels to push for an expedited judgement, pushing yourself ahead of the 800-ish other people patiently waiting in line.
    • All of your replies and appeal threads are putting emphasis on you, what you want, and how you feel about being labeled as a bad person, while never acknowledging the victim or the seriousness of what you did.
    • In your latest appeal, you changed your story and skirted responsibility for what you did with an unrealistic and hardly believable (even without your contradicting story) excuse that you "accidentally" blocked the victim while you had their keys.
    If you can't even accept responsibility for what you did, then I cannot in good conscience remove your tag. It's clear you care about nobody but yourself, and I'm sure that you will try the same thing again if you think you'll get away with it. Our job isn't to police, scare, retaliate against, or teach lessons to scammers, but to warn everyone else about people who are a risk to trade with. Your narcissistic attitude is a strong indicator that, at best, you have not changed or improved since you got marked.

Appeal denied.