1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561198001717006 Appeal for MC__NABS (SOP SCAMMER)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by MC__NABS, Apr 6, 2013.

1. MC__NABS

MC__NABS New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20725639
    My friend, Cartlidge, recently decided to start really getting into TF2 trading as a means of income and has started collecting items of worth within the TF2 trading community. One item, the Earbuds, I was very much interested in buying for real world money.
    I approached him in real life, as we are close friends, and we agreed on a set price that I would purchase these for. The transaction went smoothly as I hoped for and he asked me to give him some rep on his newly acquired steam rep page. I gladly agreed to this, however I didn't have an account so I made one and give him the rep.

A couple of days later we found out we had been banned because I am apparently his alt account and I gave him fake rep.

I personally think this was a rash decision and a false one at that. If you take the time to look at both of your account you will see I have got 4 years on my account with 168 games plus steam badges where as Cartlidge has 1 year with 45 games and no steam badges which makes it impossible for me to be his alt. Furthermore, I have had countless trades on TF2 prior to this falsely alleged ban with dozens of +rep comments on my steam wall.
    Furthermore no evidence was provided to either of us in how you came to this conclusion with further emphasis my belief that this ban was given without thought.

I have a suspicious that this ban may of been given because we was on the same IP when the rep was given. This was because we where attending a LAN party at one of our other friends house when this transaction occurred and obviously we was using the same network and subsequently the same IP. However I think it should be pretty obvious I am not in fact Cartlidges alt account and would gladly provide any further information that you might need to sort this issue out.

Thanks for any help that may be provided in our case.
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Provide proof of paypal and steam trade history.
  3. Cartlidge

Cartlidge New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41788148
    But that's not the issue is it? The issue for me is that he was called my "alt" when he is clearly not an alt? I will be happy to provide any information I can but first I want this whole issue to be cleared up. As far as I can see I have done nothing wrong and the fact I need to prove that I did this or that, before I know why he was called an "alt" and why they did not investigate before simply calling me a scammer.
  4. MC__NABS

MC__NABS New User

Steam:
    I have attached evidence of the pay pal transaction I sent to Cartlidge plus the steam trade history of me getting the buds of Cartlidge as well. Hopefully this should be enough to clear us of this false accusation. Any more evidence needed please just ask.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. MC__NABS

MC__NABS New User

Steam:
    Has there been any further information regarding this matter?
  6. MC__NABS

MC__NABS New User

Steam:
    Can an admin give us a ETA of when this issue will be resolved because I find it really annoying that this has been given falsely and yet is taking so long without any confirmation of the evidence been received or anything like that.
  7. Starburst

Starburst New User

locked until an admin takes the appeal.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    reopened, please add me on steam.
  9. MC__NABS

MC__NABS New User

Steam:
    What would be your Steam ID to add, I can't seem to find you through here.
  10. MC__NABS

MC__NABS New User

Steam:
    Sorry, I just figured it out. I added you and put a message on your wall
  11. You Are The One

Steam: