1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

As of Oct 22 trades will confirmed through the Steam app.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Enstage, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Just made a trade after Steams downtime today, and I noticed a message similar to:

"After October 22nd accounts with Steam Mobile Authenticator will have to complete this step through the mobile app."

This should hopefully eliminate the majority of "forward your confirmation email" scams.

I'm assuming this will be October 21st in most timezones because I'm in Australia btw. I'll try and find more information on this and post here if I find anything.
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
  3. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479

Question. Can you disable it?
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  4. RuhaI

RuhaI Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60262405

If you use the email authenticator for Steam Guard you'll still receive emails for trade confirmations.

You can also disable trade confirmations altogether in privacy settings, if that's what you're asking.
  5. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Talking about. Steam Mobile Authenticator.
  6. RuhaI

RuhaI Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60262405
    If you go to the Steam guard tab on the app then change settings, you change from the mobile authenticator to the email authenticator and vice-versa.

[​IMG]
  7. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Just in case that didn't answer your question^

You can either use email confirmation, or the mobile authenticator. If you choose to use the mobile authenticator; everything will be done through the app. If you use the email it will be the same as before (Steam Support will still help you too if you lose items, etc).