1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. [R]eason R K R

[R]eason R K R New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:79138289
    Then how can i be here middleman?
  2. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868

SR does not have its own approved middlemen, the middlemen we list are those that are given the title by our associate communities. If you were interested in being a MM, you would have to find one of them and see their requirements.

That being said your profile is less than a month old and you have less than 150 hours total in any game. Middlemen tend to be established and reputable individuals in the community, they tend to have lots of actual rep and have done large amounts of trading.

Being brand new and asking to MM, generally comes off suspicious to most.

Edit: You also have a report against you for scamming. So it is unlikely you'd be a trusted Middleman.
    NinjaNick and ForteSP like this.
  3. [R]eason R K R

[R]eason R K R New User

Steam:
    Report?About what you talking?
  4. [R]eason R K R

[R]eason R K R New User

Steam:
    I want to start with rep trades,and after time i craft badges,on level showcase traded makes,can i again ask for this?
    How much rep+ i need?I need it here on site and steam profile too?
  5. Eoj Nawoh

SteamRep Admin:

SteamRep is a scammer database, not a rep thread site, you would need to use a site like SourceOp. Steam profile rep is not considered valid as it is too easy to fake and is not moderated by an unbiased third party. (Since you moderate it, you have the ability to remove comments you don't like.)

The ability for you to craft badges and have showcases is not granted by SteamRep, that is a default functionality available to anyone with a Steam Account.

+rep is not really an adequate rep post.

Regarding the report against you, This report was filed against you for allegedly purchasing items with money, failing to deliver the money and falsifying evidence showing that you "did send the money".
  6. [R]eason R K R

[R]eason R K R New User

Steam:
    Thanks for info,about this scam is 100% fake,i have payment screenshots from RiaBank.
    If you want i can upload it to you,as well

If is not possible to be middleman,i can try it in future.
    Thank you for help and answers anyway
  7. DARKLY I Name

DARKLY I Name New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:48756915
  8. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Says on the offense you impersonated with the intent to scam....I see this but I'm unable to help track down any other information to pinpoint what needs to show the intent.

[​IMG]
  9. Eoj Nawoh

SteamRep Admin:

Your tag isfrom BBG, you will need to appeal on their forums, I imagine you're trying to use the Sourcebans to "Protest a Ban", which would not be the correct place.

Here: http://bigbanggamers.com/modules.php?name=Forums
  10. Epoch

Epoch New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:51548742
    may I ask, is there anyway I can appeal a ban from outpost which has marked me on steam rep as well. because I got banned for something false, and the admins see it and just don't respond. they have responded but they are, in a sense, ignoring it. I cant do the trade I would like to do, due to this false ban. anyway to appeal my tag on here? I have evidence to appeal the ban
  11. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    You should make an appeal to Outpost as it looks like you have not done so already. You should create an appeal here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tf2outpost/discussions/17/

Make sure that you read Outpost's appeal rules and guidelines before creating your appeal.
  12. BIGHEAD

BIGHEAD New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32720787
    So, just wondering, how long should I wait to hear back from SR about a report I made in the gambling section? I posted on Tuesday and it's now Sunday and haven't heard anything as of yet... Thanks
  13. Eoj Nawoh

SteamRep Admin:
    There's a large backlog with thousands of reports, please be patient with us as we review them.
  14. BIGHEAD

BIGHEAD New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32720787
    Ok, thank you :3
  15. Mr Flibble

Mr Flibble New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:14744336
    Hello once again. 2 things I'd like to ask

1. I've created thread with few questions in this section, but I can't find it anymore, what happened to it? I doesn't even show up in my post list.

2. I still have 1 Earbuds + 2 Max's Head I have from this report. http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561197989754400-gorgeousface.46477/ it's tied to this case http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198048210603-tyone-johnson.46469/ , the point is that I don't and never wanted those items, I've been repeatedly asking on those reports + PM'd 2 admins on SR about it at least, never recieving any word back, period. I would like to know what I'm supposed to do with them, I can pass them to steamrep.com staff or someone chosen or return them, give them to guy it was scammed from or keep them until it's resolved, I really don't care, I just want to follow appropriate directions. I know I don't have right to get priority over someone else's report, but I wasn't instructed what to do with those items in my possesion and it's been months of me actively trying to get an answer.
  16. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    1. There where no threads started by you deleted. Might have been merged with a topic, but I do not see such post in your post history either.
    2. When I have time (hopefully tonite) I'll look into that topic, and answer there what to do with those items. Unless another admin is ahead of me...
  17. Mr Flibble

Mr Flibble New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:14744336
    1. Well, the thing is that it was actually once already merged with topic, then moved back as topic, somehow deleted in meantime, but then posted again as topic by Mattie I think, but I am not sure it's exactly what happened, but it should be along those lines. That might be why you can't find anything.
    2. I'd really appreciate it, thanks a lot in advance.
  18. Legit

Legit New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41180613
    Is it possible to delete a report on somebody? After said person coming back and actually talking to me instead of cussing me out he misunderstood what I had said to him.
  19. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    no, but you can explain the situ on there, so a admin can base their decision on that.
  20. Z2G

Z2G New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43862256