1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
  2. Vlijm :{D

Vlijm :{D New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:16948668
    So i posted an appeal on your site about 9 months!!! ago, never got any response. I still think i got marked wrongly and i never hurt anyone. Please either review my case or remove the tag because its just genuinely unfair... No way to appeal and instaban from all tradesites and servers. Thanks in advance
  3. Diablo 3

Diablo 3 Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:62577822
    hi, how do i transfer my reps from steam to this site?
  4. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    you can't steamrep doesn't deal with rep at all.
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
  6. Vlijm :{D

Vlijm :{D New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:16948668

You guys dont even bother to read my post and/or appeal right? This site is only here to mark people (probably after 3-4 months so the damage has been done) and then never take appeals so if someone was wrongly marked he can never trade again just because all other sites take yours as some kind of bible while in fact it is more like 19th century american law.

sadface
  7. ArkTempest

ArkTempest New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:55420082
    I got banned from the dota2lounge for something that happened while my account had been hacked. I have screenshots of the recovery process if that helps????
  8. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
    Contact D2L.
  9. xJonathan

xJonathan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42010036
    Hey Mods,
    I was just wondering, on TF2Outpost, are there actual games on sale that are legit and don't get revoked?
    I spent ~$15 buying keys to trade and lost a lot through steam transactions and now i'm wondering if it's better to just buy the game.
    The game I was looking for was Rust on TF2Outpost is 6 keys and my game got revoked.
    Respond by a PM or steam message @ xJonathan please.
    Thank you.
  10. Mr Flibble

Mr Flibble New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:14744336
    Hi, I'd just like to ask what possible outcome can have reporting someone for scamming. I know they can get trade banned eventually, but I am not sure when it applies and how relevant scam reports actually are, so if you have any relevant information of how scam reports are handled by steam support, I'd like to know.
  11. Yourtwistedwords

Yourtwistedwords New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52396938
    I have had a scam report on my account for 1 month now with no judgment, i have a chat screenshot to prove that i did not scam, but i dont know how to use this, should i just post this, i also need to get this out of the way ASAP as it is impeding many of my trades
  12. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    Anything that gets revoked is something that you would need to take up with steam support. Also you may want to do detailed background checks on the users you are trading with to ensure that the items/games they are trading are in fact legit and that they have a good reputation for selling said items. (Please note that when checking a user that profile rep is not generally accepted as valid reputation by most places as it can be edited by the profile owner to prune out any negative reputation)

Submitting a report on a user here is not likely to get them trade banned (That would need to go through steam support and would be at their discretion if it violated any terms to result in such trade ban). We are more or less a database of users confirmed to have committed fraudulent trades (trades where the user has not honored or not completed an agreement made for a trade resulting in injury to the party they are trading) or deceptive practices such as impersonation. This database is then used along with a server extension via SourceMod to provide server owners an option to prevent any user confirmed to have committed such fraud from joining their server as an attempt to prevent such actions from happening on their server.

We understand that we have a backlog, and we know that it can be strain at times. However we have our volunteers working as much as they can trying to get it down as best as possible. At the moment all we can do is as you to bare with us as we work to help cut times down on reports.
  13. Mr Flibble

Mr Flibble New User

Steam:
    I know what steamrep's are about, I meant to ask what submitting report to steam/steam support does. How do they actually take actions against hijackers/R.A.T. ers/Scammers/Revokers and such, since recently we're being adviced to sumit out report there as well, but I am not sure how effective it actually is.

I only know about possibility of trade BAN, but I don't think that's the only method steam support uses.
  14. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Valve changed recently policy on how to report various:
    - If you got scammed: Report it via the steam profile of the offender. You wont regain anything.
    - If you got sharked: This falls under "buyers remorse" to valve. There is no point in any form of reporting it to them.
    - If game revoked: Depends if you traded for them with items or money. If with items, you can regain the items with a ticket to steam support. You wont get the game back, or any money you transferred via paypal/webmoney/bitcoins or w/e.
    - If hijacked: Make a steam support ticket, along with restoring your account, they will do a 1 time restore of the items of your backpack... and yes, only 1 time.

Sometimes exploits of steam trading show up, but the last one is already more then a year ago afaik. I've seen a lot of ppl trying to report that when they where just hijacked. So we take those reports with a suspecting that they where just hijacked, but that they do not understand what happened.

We still need to adjust our FAQ's and guides to reflect all that.
  15. Mr Flibble

Mr Flibble New User

Steam:
    Hmm, I'm thinking more of how are being scammers/hijackers persecuted. I kind of already know about return policies, but I still don't see point of reporting scammers on steam if it won't have any effect or consequences. I've obviously seen plenty trade BANs, but is that all? Also, what circumstances are they given and how much do actually steam reports matter?
  16. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
    I think your questions should be addressed to Steam Support.
  17. Mr Flibble

Mr Flibble New User

Steam:
    I guess, I am just not sure I'd get a reply, they always use vague terms and link to other articles that says almost nothing about the topic I'm interested in, so since steamrep's been recently advising to report scams to steam support, I thought I'd get a reasonable answer here, since I'd expect this move to have some solid reasoning on some stable grounds and facts.

If someone can asnwer me, I'd be glad, but if you aren't sure of the answer, it's okay, Steam Support's the one making calls.
  18. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
  19. guybrush threepwood

guybrush threepwood New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:31219371
    I've been reported as a scammer, and proved my innocence with the community that reported me.
    But the man in charge of updating steam rep's database is inactive, and i'm still listed as a scammer.
    What to do ?
  20. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
    Contact the community in question and ask them to contact SteamRep in order to update your reputation status.