1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. @NaG4

@NaG4 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36765938
    Is there anything being done on the scam tags from communities which have died out?
  2. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    I think you are mainly interested in RAWR tags. SR will investigate RAWR appeals.
  3. @NaG4

@NaG4 New User

Steam:
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Well, the profile reports are a automated way for steam support to deal with them. That means that any result of the profile reports is (mostly) automated, and based on quantity and frequency. If people are not reporting it, that is the pointless way, for then none of the possible results can come out of it. As for exact "properties", Valve does not make any comment on that, to prevent that people are exploiting such.
  5. Mr Flibble

Mr Flibble New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:14744336
    Doesn't seem like a good system, should help only against hijackers, scammers will be rarely affected, but I think that it's actually all Valve could hope for. Most of the scams are mostly real money based, which Valve doesn't like, so yeah, I guess it's okay for Valve, but we wouldn't be able to work without steamrep or similar sites. Still, thanks for response, I think it helped me to realise how the system's working.
  6. @NaG4

@NaG4 New User

Steam:
    Thank you for clearing up all Rawr related tags. I hope i didn't brought too much ruckus by my posts.
    But you're not done with me! I will keep posting here, and hopefully actually help somebody!
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
  8. JayG

JayG New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42501726
    Is there any news on when SteamRep donations will be up and running again? I'm ending my TF2 trading career and would like to donate.
  9. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
    No, sorry.
  10. Vlijm :{D

Vlijm :{D New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:16948668
    I really dont know how to draw you peoples attention...
  11. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
  12. -sENoZ-☠

-sENoZ-☠ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:48409322
    Hello everybody idk if i am in the right section, let say its not easy to speak on steam with a steamrep admin, they refuse all friend add so i ask here ......

Ok, i know good buziness, i mean i sell semis precious stone, so i know lot about scam paypal and s✿✿✿ else, i know also how to spot scammer, fake paypal and thing else too, i am a honnest person, and i have time, so i would like to help by being amiddleman, but only about csgo, am not playing the other game so much so.. i would like to be middleman fro csgo only.

I would like to know how or what i have to do for become middleman thanks to give all information needed.
  13. -sENoZ-☠

-sENoZ-☠ New User

Steam:

HO YES ALSO please important !!!! i got marked on my profil but i did nothing can you explain me please !!! ?????????

thank you.
  14. -sENoZ-☠

-sENoZ-☠ New User

Steam:
    i did have do request password more then 13 days now !! so i know for a short period i can not trade, now i can trade, but i still have that red thing on my profil o___O

btw what become middleman, tell me about plz.
  15. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    @-sENoZ-☠
    Private profile previously trade banned, doubt you are middleman material, none the less, SR itself does not have MM, only associate communities have approved MM listed on SR, you would need to ask/contact those communities for their specific requirements.
  16. -sENoZ-☠

-sENoZ-☠ New User

Steam:
    hmmm am affraid that i dont understand everything that you are telling me man :p
  17. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    @-sENoZ-☠
    You are untrustworthy and probably will never end up a reputable middleman. I hope you understood that because I wont reply to you again. (if you still dont understand, re-read my posts to you)
    DARKLY | Jakk and Sjru like this.
  18. -sENoZ-☠

-sENoZ-☠ New User

Steam:
    ho sorry for being FRENCH and didnt speak english like you man !

ok i did have private profil in the past and what ? it was my choice, private profil dont mean that you are a scammer or wathever you know :)

i did have opened a steam ticket and will see, btw i trade real thing that cost more then imaginary item, nobody have complain about non receive package from me, i have many reps about that :p

bYe.
  19. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
    bYe.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  20. [G²] Scatman

[G²] Scatman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45015208
    YATO basically is saying:
    -It's VERY hard to trust someone on trade probation.
    -When Dealing with cash and large value trades, 1. trade probation/past bans are not good, and 2. generally in the trading community a private profile=suspicious account. That is not true for everything, but with trades of high value/in steamrep, that is what is regarded of a private profile
    -SteamRep doesn't have middleman, so you need to appeal at a associate community such as, Skial.