1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    This falls under low-balling/high-balling, and at times, sharking. However, SteamRep does not deal with any of these cases.
  2. panoptic

panoptic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:22202240
    sorry didnt read through 21 pages, but i've filed about lets say 20 reports that have been approved by you mods and on review for about 3 weeks, why are the admins not reviewing them
  3. Eoj Nawoh

SteamRep Admin:
    Unfortunately, this is one issue that we all have to bear. There's a lot of reports, and even more coming in every minute, but our staff is limited. We do our best to pull our own weight, and to actively recruit so that we may handle the work load, but with much regret, we aren't able to address reports as quickly as we want to.

Many of us have full time jobs, or are students and have a finite amount of time, and while I'm not using that as an excuse, it is a valid hindrance on our time available for volunteering here.

I apologize that your reports aren't getting reviewed, I understand it's frustrating and believe me, I can sympathize. Just please know that we are trying to do our best; we're up'ing our activity, we're actively recruiting new staff and we're trying to work on the best way to manage incoming reports while finishing off the backlog.
    SilentReaper(SR) likes this.
  4. swell

swell New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:60206781
  5. Eoj Nawoh

SteamRep Admin:
    I see that Sjru has already processed your report. As far as admin's reviewing it, as I said before we have a large influx of reports, but we will address your report as soon as we are able. Thank you for your patience and for your help in keeping the trade community safe!
  6. Rilakkuma

Rilakkuma New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:62388625
    hi, i use the chrome plugin of steamrep and it used to work nicely, i know who are scammers and those who aren't.
    but now, the chrome plugin didn't show the status of that user when i open a user profile of someone that wants to trade.
    is it broken or it's not updated?
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Question is, was it really a profile on steamcommunity, and not a phishing link?

Also, could you link the chrome plugin page please? Want to check something
    @Mattie!

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  8. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    As you might know, SR didn't make such browser plugins. The one you linked is from Dr. McKay, who is a known Community owner. You should contact him to address problems with it.

As for asking if "it is the reall app", that answer would be "no" (see above), but we know Dr. McKay well enough that we do not see any problems in using it ;)
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.
  10. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    As you might know, SR didn't make such plugins. The one you linked is from Dr. McKay, who is a known Community owner. You should contact him to address problems with it.
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.
  11. Cookies 2

Cookies 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40768222
    There has been a report that was filed against me over 7 months ago. It says "Needs more info" but it is evident that the user who reported me is no pursuing with his false accusations. Could I kindly know when that post will be closed so my rep can be cleared up? Thanks!
  12. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Archived due to lack of response. They were ask for more information but never responded. Last online over 3 months ago.
    SilentReaper(SR) likes this.
  13. UrineBoss

UrineBoss New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:66178709
    Hello,

I was informed earlier by SPYderman that my unusual hat may be duplicated. I traded it to him so that he could check if it was clean or not. After 5 minutes he replied saying it was, in fact, duplicated. He then said:
    "We will refund your lost keys in coming week, you will be added by a guy named "Rokase" He will ask more about lost stuff. Thanks for supporting Steam."
    This is all fine and I don't have a problem with it, but I was wondering how long you lot would expect it would take for him to contact me, as I'm very busy with hospital appointments and work at the moment so it would be very helpful to know.

Thanks,
    UrineBoss
  14. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    Do you have a picture of your chat with SPYderman?
  15. UrineBoss

UrineBoss New User

Steam:
    SPYderman #NewKeyboard: Hello, you here?
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: Yes, how are you
    SPYderman #NewKeyboard: I'm good, do you still have your unusual?
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: The steaming big elfin deal?
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: painted TEAM SPIRIT
    SPYderman #NewKeyboard: Yes, and i see 15 lvl
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: sorry I sold it
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: haha jk you can buy it
    SPYderman #NewKeyboard: What do you mean?
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: dw xD
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: so do you want to buy it?
    SPYderman #NewKeyboard: Okey, Im Skial Servers Admin and SteamRep Moderator http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198013542156 and i wanna ask couple questions. Can I?
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: Sure!
    SPYderman #NewKeyboard: Where did you get the hat?
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: I bought it from someone a while back
    SPYderman #NewKeyboard: When?
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: earlier this year i think
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: not sure when
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: I still have the guy who sold me it on my friends list, if you wanna speak to him
    SPYderman #NewKeyboard: Drop me his ID
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: cool
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: http://steamcommunity.com/id/swagtastic_
    SPYderman #NewKeyboard: Okay, So what you traded for an unusual?
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: 17 keys
    SPYderman #NewKeyboard: I added you with one reason - your hat is probably duplicated.
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: How?
    SPYderman #NewKeyboard: You know anything about that?
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: nah
    SPYderman #NewKeyboard: You mean How duplicated?
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: yeah
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: how can you duplicate something
    SPYderman #NewKeyboard: Now you can't but before fix it was 2 trading sistems, Steam Trading and Tf2 own trading sistem... now its left just one, Steam trading... You could trade one hat in one time and you get 2 hats... Thats why we not making Mobile platform trading.
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: oh
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: okay
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: so do I get to keep my unusual still? Or is it illegal or something
    SPYderman #NewKeyboard: Sorry, but its illegal. Its a little chance that your copy is clean.
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: :c
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: Can I get some sort of compensation, or
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: because I bought it for 17 keys
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: and for me thats a LOT of money
    SPYderman #NewKeyboard: I'll probably borrow your hat from you for around 5 min to see is it clean, if hat clean you get it back, if not we will keep it and refund your lost keys. We can also take your hat without your permission, but it would be not fair from your position...
    SPYderman #NewKeyboard: Its your free choise.
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: Well I would hate to have an illegal hat :c
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: sure you can check it
    SPYderman #NewKeyboard has accepted your request to trade.
    SPYderman #NewKeyboard: Its working?
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: not for me, no
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: oh wait
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: it is now
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: 1 sec
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: need to take it off the market
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: I was trying to sell it
    SPYderman #NewKeyboard: Steam Servers getting DDOS's thats why trade not working well.
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: okay I got it
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: what is DDOS
    You have accepted the trade request from SPYderman #NewKeyboard.
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: Wait how do I know you're legit
    SPYderman #NewKeyboard: Do i still have a mark?
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: I just got a notice saying people have reported you as being a scammer =.=
    SPYderman #NewKeyboard: Oh. Yea i know. Yesterday took a hat from a guy and he reported me with multiple accounts. The mark should disappear
    SPYderman #NewKeyboard: Okay, now wait around 5 min.
    SPYderman #NewKeyboard: Your hat was duplicated in 2012/04. We will refund your lost keys in coming week, you will be added by a guy named "Rokase" He will ask more about lost stuff. Thanks for supporting Steam.
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: No problem, glad to help
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: Did you find out who duplicated it?
    SPYderman #NewKeyboard: No. We trying to search for it right now.
    SPYderman #NewKeyboard: Keep me, if something wrond write me here.
    SPYderman #NewKeyboard is now Offline.
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: Wait, so how long will it take to refund my keys?
    SPYderman #NewKeyboard is currently offline, they will receive your message the next time they log in.
    UrineBoss S> UNUSUAL + NEW HATS: Excuse me, do you know how long it will take for my refund to take place?
  16. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
  17. UrineBoss

UrineBoss New User

Steam:
    I'm trying to submit it but it keeps saying: you need 16 characters or more. Can someone help?
  18. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    This is normally an error with the users name, try to remove any weird characters :3
  19. UrineBoss

UrineBoss New User

Steam:
    Thank you, that really helped. Say, haven't I seen you somewhere before? Were you on the Underground Layer or F.O.G forums?
  20. n0:name

n0:name FoG Owner Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26752334
    He actually is a FoG Admin (see his Tag).