1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    This needs to be taken up with the community who tagged you, SteamRep moderators cannot help. Usually partner communities will allow you to make a single appeal against a tag, in case it's improperly applied. It looks like you already did that though. https://forum.harpoongaming.com/threads/tf2-server-ban-appeal-76561198031258757-marcusd0.7982

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    You Are The One likes this.
  2. d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35496514
    Correct, then after like 2 months I contacted him again and tried getting some more information/ask when I could retry since he suggested me too. Tried for months and finally last week he said he would "contact som Steamrep staff" and now 1week after I asked him again and he said "they said no" or something like that. I'm just looking for some input and discuss with a SR Admin since the HG Staff don't say anything really.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    @d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Nothing to discuss. its their tag and it falls within their communities jurisdiction. The specific tag complies with SRs policy of what communities can tag for, SR will not intervene.
  4. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    As both a SR Moderator and the person you're speaking to at HG. Pure and simple, the tag was warranted and that's why it is there.
    Clive and You Are The One like this.
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    I glanced over the appeal thread, and I'd not say "It's essentially impossible to communicate with the HG staff (tried for 2months)." Eoj did the appeal extensively trying to bring over that fake rep is nothing to joke about. He did leave open for a re-appeal "... and we can re-evaluate an appeal in a few months...." I'd suggest you wait a few, and reappeal... maybe by then you wizened up.
  6. Megative

Megative New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:69860493
    I have problem with trade.
    I bought Time Warp Stately Steel Toe from Steam Community Market. I checked by backpack.tf Premium item search about the unusual and I found that it was this unusual: http://backpack.tf/item/1901296812 niimachida wasn't banned in the history when I bought it: he got banned when I mentioned about him to d0 and backpack.tf admin banned him by checking his TF2 Outpost account which says this: http://www.tf2outpost.com/user/76561198047626951 When I checked that unusual in outpost, it looked fine, until it turned to this when I bought it: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/24008901 I didn't realize that it was stolen unusual until I bought it.
    So what I do now?
  7. Mr.Awesome

Mr.Awesome New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:93139981
    How can i be a middleman i want the 2% fee HAHAHA :v
  8. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    That's not a reason to be a Middleman.

Middlemen are chosen based off trust, and their ability to help traders and the community. No one tends to look for a middleman who wants to make money.
  9. spectrusv

spectrusv New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40964582
    Can I get an IP address of the scammer that dared to reply with lies on my accusation post. I need as many information you have which I can then provide to the police.
  10. d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35496514
    Oh no no, the appeal thread response was amazingly quick (NOT sarcastic), quick & I learned a lot. So I'm not saying anything about the response and poor communication in the thread itself.

I'm just saying now after the appeal, I've tried contact Eoj a few times, yes I did get a couple of messages and we had some longer Steam IM conversations which I appreciated. But there seem to be a constant flipping between "not sure" and "I think..." - I've gained 100's of cash rep and the guy I was brokering for (Bob) sent me $10,000's of cash to let me help him trade for. So I just think my reputation has growned really really much since. I'm just trying to get an response if it's 100% impossible to get the Caution tag removed, if I should wait or whom I should contact in SR.
  11. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    That is not something you can request from anyone. Local law enforcement have procedures to acquire that information such as sending a request to where the action took place and that would most likely be Valve/Steam as it was done over steam trading and not with SR.
    Hitman Sparky likes this.
  12. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    We do not provide users with IP information of other users. We allow admins and moderators here some limited access for specific uses, but that ends there. If we would be contacted by a law enforcement agency, we would provide such at request.

Drop the bullshit then.
    Hitman Sparky likes this.
  13. Flowerpot Jason

Flowerpot Jason New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:15950429
    Hiya, this may already be mentioned, but is there anyway of showing forum search results for an individual on their steam rep page? I usually open the forum and then copy and paste their 64 bit steam ID into the bar to see if any recent reports have been filed against them. It might also be good if it only showed the results from searching the titles as reporters currently come up and I've had to explain it to a couple of people!
  14. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    If there are open reports, it will be shown on the profile. If you want to search the forums, all you have to do is unfold the "Research Tools" and click in that panel on top right on "Search SteamRep Forum"

[​IMG]

That will search on the forums for the ID64.
    Wrath likes this.
  15. .:HUNT3R:.

.:HUNT3R:. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:37129388
    Hello everyone recently my alternate account got flagged for hijacking and theft of other steam accounts I think it might be a case of stolen items but the thing that is concerning me is will I receive a permanent ban. i did not do any one sided trades the last trade i did was 144 cs go case keys for a knife of its equivalent value all of this was done in steam trade offer window I've opened a ticket but I am still concerned as steam hasn't replied in 5 days
  16. SeMi

SeMi New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40789555
    have a question about a report i made
    here is the link: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...-counter-strike-global-offensive-items.86673/
    as i stated in the comments of the report we solved the problem for now and I keep it updated
    but the problem i have is that the person from the accused profile wants that i close the report for now so she can still trade while we wait on the support
    would be nice if someone of the admins could help in this situation
    thx in advance
  17. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    @SeMi We don't remove reports. The victim cannot close or withdraw a report once submitted, but if the accused repays their items while the report is open (or before) that will be taken into consideration by the admin, among other things such as their behavior at the time.
  18. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    @SeMi as lava said. Reply on the report how it got resolved (by victim and accused) and when and how things went etc. And when a admin looks into it it will be taken into consideration.
  19. Richi

Richi New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:14857398
    Hi!
    how much time take to answer one scam report?
    i have now 4 open reports and one is 12 days ago and dont get any answer yet..

and other question:
    some days ago i noticed about when someone trade with me get the advice what i was reported by someone for attmpting on trade scams, what is a big BS, its anyway to remove that by contact to steam, or something like that?

thanks and sorry for my bad english!
  20. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    @Richi Reports are variable. I've seen some take less than a day, and others take over a year. It depends on a number of factors, not least of which is where it falls in our priorities. We try to handle certain types of reports before others, including those who have multiple pending reports.

The warning you mentioned is issued by Valve, there is nothing we can do about it. Steam Support generally doesn't do anything about it either, but from what I understand it will go away in about 3 weeks.