1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Clayton

Clayton New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41006836
    SteamRep is starting ScammerSteamRep ???? 70 days ban for nothing wtf alternative account ???? 70 days no info from SteamRep ???? what should I do report to Steam support ???
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    You will have to wait your turn.
  3. Ultimate Swag Master

Ultimate Swag Master New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:98257695
    Sorry for the stupid question but is there such a thing as a trade offer scam?
    Someone sending you an empty offer with only your items(No message)..is that consider a scam?

Someone sending you an offer hiding your high price items in low value items...is that a scam?

Someone lying about the quality of the items...sends you a trade offer..Is that a scam?
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Yes, that can be considered a scam... depends a bit tho on whats said in the trade offer notes, whether or not did have chat prior or not, etc. (be sure to include any conversation in screenshots and the tradeoffer in screenshots).

If not enough "intent" is shown, you then still report them to steam.
  5. Ultimate Swag Master

Steam:
    What if its the case where there is no prior chat(Traders don't like adds). And there are also no trade offer notes. Is that sufficient evidence or are the chat/note required for a ban? Isn't the trade offer itself showing enough "intention" ? Btw Thanks for the quick reply.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    No, not always needed, but tell what happened (in friends or not, talked yes/no, prior trade offers?. And tell the total worth of the items and the high value one(s).

Often however there is a small note. Trade offer with only your items and no comment.... that would be difficult.

Make sure however that you comply with the screenshots as below:

Required Steam Settings for this exercise:
    - Open the Steam Browser by double clicking the steam icon in the tray in lower right corner of your screen.
    - On top left, open menu "Steam" and select "Settings".
    - On the new Settings dialog box, select "Interface" and enable the tick in front of "Display Steam URL address bar when available".
    - Click "OK" to close the Steam Settings dialog, applying the setting.

How to make the screenshot(s) and add them to the reply here:
    - Go to the start menu and type in the seek box "snipping", you will find in Vista and later the "Snipping Tool", click it to start it. It directly wants to make a screenshot. Select the full window excluding the very top of the steam browser window where your LOGIN name is shown. But INCLUDE the Nickname, the steam URL bar fully, both sides and full bottom of the steam browser.
    - Click the "Diskette" icon, or click "File" and then "Save As...", and save it to your desktop.
    - Drag the image into the report on the forum from the desktop.

Requirements of the screenshot(s):
    - Exclude the Login name and steam wallet amount that is on the very top right.
    - MUST show the Steam URL in top left.
    - MUST show the NICKNAME in top middle.
    - MUST show the Steam window fully from left side to the right side of the window.
    - MUST show as much as possible of the offer itself (notes, the items), make multiple screenshots if needed.
    - MUST show to the bottom of the steam browser window.
    - You are NOT to edit the screenshot, and NOT to blank out anything.
    - If you are using a custom skin, we will require you to redo this with the default Steam skin.
    For an example, click this screenshot: http://files.steamrep.com/1/2014-10/2014-10-12_20-16-58.png
  7. Ultimate Swag Master

Steam:
    Again Thanks for the Response
  8. monr0e

monr0e New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20614000
    Hey guys, i'm new here. I've read about tags in steamrep...
    • SR DONATOR - Traders that support the cause by donating cash or items to SR
    • ADMIN - Admin belonging to the respective communities.
    • VALVE EMPLOYEE - An employee of VALVe.
    • MIDDLEMAN - Proved to the community that they can be trusted to middleman trades.
    ...etc
    So how do i see, what tag do i have? And what tag other people have.
  9. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    @monr0e You don't have any tags. You have "no special reputation" which is what the vast majority of traders have.
  10. monr0e

monr0e New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20614000
    TY.
    One more question. How do you become steamrep admin?
  11. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    You will have to fill in an application. I suggest you go back to the homepage of the forums and find "moderator applications". You become a moderator before you become an admin.
  12. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Roudydogg1 and SilentReaper(SR) like this.
  13. CZ_Gaming©

CZ_Gaming© New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:129119100
    hello, my alt from my brother got banned, i dont know why but ok, where should i appeal an unban"?

i dont get the system so ye
    help would be appreciated
  14. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
  15. Ster Fax

Ster Fax New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25365862
    Hey guys, first and foremost, thank you for providing the community with this service. You guys are awesome!
    I just have 2 quick questions/comments.
    1) How do you tell when a scammer has alternate profiles? (When I look back through posts, I think it is through the same email address in all the scams. )
    2) If this is the case, is there anyway we could get a list of all scammers and their emails that could be easily searched? It's very easy to just make another Steam account, but since its difficult to make another PayPal account (need another bank acc), the chances these scammers have a different email are very low.
  16. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    1. We have various information regarding scammers in our toolboxes.
    2. No, we do not give out the information we have. Has a lot to do with privacy considerations etc. Also, they use a lot of unverified paypal accounts that they use as mules. Those are limited etc, but its enough for their purpose.
  17. TempestUK

TempestUK New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33179273
  18. Tsuna

Tsuna New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42740766
    Hey, just wondering the justification of cases that were rejected from 3-4 years prior. Considering rule #11 from http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
    You're saying it's impossible to reappeal a case that I still find unjust? I was judged in different rules than the current ones, and am willing to provide further evidence for my case. I know spamming appeals just wastes the time of several people, but I was dismissed fairly quickly on my first case in 2012, and yet in 2015 I still find myself innocent. Is it ever possible for an admin to recheck my case? Or will I keep my tag forever per say?
  19. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
  20. Tsuna

Tsuna New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42740766
    I completely understand that, but let's say I was rejected in 2011 in an appeal in SOP by an admin who's currently banned in SOP with no justification in helping me in my scenario; link found here: http://forums.sourceop.com/threads/...er/page46?p=522009&highlight=tsuna#post522009. It's been 4 years since this appeal, 2 years since the appeal I posted here (rejected since the SOP appeal was rejected), and I'm hoping to find better closure than the "im sorry but your it was your brother excuse won't cut it". There was no evidence of me scamming post 2011, and I plan to reask years later until I'm given grounds for a reappeal. If I honestly thought I was guilty for scamming, why would I come back here for a re-appeal 4 years later? Whether it would be me, or other people, I'm pretty sure there's cases where people are sincerely innocent. Sorry for the rant, but it's just really irritating for being tagged for something you do (like those innocent who are serving lifetime in prison).

tl;dr - Hoping to be justified under the modern SR's rules, not the 2011 SOP rules that don't remain pertinent to my case.