1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32620293
  2. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
  3. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    http://store.steampowered.com/privacy_agreement/

Your "cousin" or friend you registered the account for is not at risk of having personal information exposed. Only account association.

This thread is quickly spiraling out of topic. It'd be nice to hear a more official response to BigMac187's berating posts.
    Roudydogg1 and Hitman Sparky like this.
  4. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    Fixed
    Hitman Sparky and a Gentleman like this.
  5. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    Account association is what I'm worried about, I just don't want to have them hassled due to this.
  6. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
  7. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    By association, you are insinuating that every account marked as having alternate accounts is another violation of Steam Policy from SteamRep. I'm done trying to reason with you. Good luck fighting your 6 month posting ban on SteamRep, as well as your FoG ban, as well as your account association markings. LOL.
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    You not understanding the rules is the first problem:
    • The rules you quote have been in discussion for rewrite/re-evaluation since December, I'm in the process of rewriting them, and original plan was that I would have pushed them live last monday, June 1st.
    • The value FoG has set for to straight mark for scammer is 750,- dollars or more of value traded. SR is moving for a definition that is significantly lower, which inspired new discussion around that, so I'm waiting for SR admins and partners to give their opinions regarding this in the internal thread. 3000,- dollars worth was exceeding by far the "admins discretion" limit to allow for a caution with the report. You bullshitting about SR not available, while we have a bunch of Australians and their servers using our site and API without any problems is not our concern. Fix your internet connection,
    • The spirit of the rules is, to NOT trade with scammers, for your own OR their profit. Which was defined before as at "Admin's discretion" as a rule set. All the admins understood that, except you.
    As for your "steam support" threats, I assume you talk about (you assume so much, I can assume for once too):
    • Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
      • The status on SteamRep is the direct results of your own actions.
    • Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying Steam services, software or other content.
      • Its specific to STEAM services, we're not inhibiting you to use them. Any game server has a ban system, this includes the servers and sites of friend and partner communities of SteamRep. They are FREE to ban anyone from their services for any reason they like, including from a central system like SteamRep that provides any who wants a API to check if someone is on our banlist with their own services. Valve even DEMANDS them to use it for their automated steam trading bots (https://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/35da06/steamrep_has_issues_but_you_fail_to_consider_the/ oh, wait, you have been banned from Reddit by the Reddit admins for harassment)
    • Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses.
      • You use our services (forum) and our partner's and friends services. As part of that they, and we, log things automatically. By using these services you agree to terms we and they have set for services we and they have set for that. You don't need to use these services. You using SteamRep to verify trading partners indirectly implies you are using SteamRep and its various partner and friends community's services.
    • Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
      • Oh, wait....that's not what you want to talk about.
    We aren't, for otherwise we would have been banned from the Steam Web API etc a LONG time ago.

Also, you misunderstand Valve's sentiment on this... they absolutely HATE scammers, I have seen personal conversations between Valve employees and SR admins where they expressed that they would LOVE to ban each and every one of them, but their lawyers have settled the policies that they need to adhere to. Hell, if you write the ticket to Steam support, and they see what you was banned for on SR, and check your trade history... you might get a Valve Trade Ban on top.

Make no mistake, scammers, carders, and other abuse on Steam costs Valve each year tens millions and that is a lower estimate. SR as such alleviates this for a unknown quantity to them, for we exist since the early trading, and they like us for that, and our help to the community. They awarded our admins Community items for that some 2 years ago or so. They cannot help us, for they are bound by a bunch of rules (they cannot divulge any about specific accounts etc), but they for sure will not do much against us, and only if they absolutely have to, and as minimal as they can even. Hell, I even personally asked for improvements on steam, and some of them they liked so much, they implemented it within the hour. (you being able to click the profile name of a trader in a steam trade window you owe to me).

I give you this for consideration: Have you ever heard of Valve to sue any gamer? They never did. Do you know why? They know its only bad publicity, they see issues they have as a learning experience, and improve or prevent it by adapting their services. They did some wrestling with other game companies etc (Blizzard sued them for the DotA2 name for example, they won, for it was a mod on Warcraft, not a blizzard made thing), but that's it.

As I posted the warning before ( http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...og-appeal-has-been-denied.102347/#post-283606 ), you have hereby a ban for 6 months from these forums. I wish you good luck, and I hope you will grow out of this.
    Salmon, Roudydogg1, Someone 2 and 5 others like this.
  9. MGGAR;M | MOO-RIFIC

MGGAR;M | MOO-RIFIC New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:77143553
    I appreciate that. Thank you so much
  10. prodigyaustralia

prodigyaustralia New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52814116
    Weird question, can you report game developers for in-game transactions? Or does SR not investigate that?

Basically I downloaded a game off the steam store, purchased some in-game chips, Lost a few games, brought some more chips and then won a few, lost a few won a lot more. so basically I won my chips back plus a lot more. Then a few days later I log in and my chips have been reset. I've contacted the developers and they don't seem to care about it. I haven't broken any of their rules/policy/agreements and all that. If I have paid for something in-game that's not a subscription it should be mine?

I understand if it's outside your investigation policy, I'd probably have to report it to steam.

Thanks
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  11. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    You agree to their terms, and although I don't know the game you're referencing, I'd assume their TOS says something along the line of "we reserve the right to do x at any time for any reason".

Moreover thinking about it, you have an agreement in order to play their game the way they set forth, and they have no agreement with you to for anything.
  12. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    p.s.
  13. prodigyaustralia

Steam:
    Yeah I understand that, which is fair enough, Although that agreements there if you break the rules such as: cheat, abuse bugs, abuse the chat etc. Considering I paid for in game chips so I could actually play and come back a few days later for it to be reset.

Biggest problem with this game is they don't have an actual website just an email, steam discussion page and an in-game bug report system.
    Ah thanks man :D
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  14. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    We would not handle that. Valve removes daily keys and other items from steam inventories for reasons only they know, be it chargebacks, illegal actions, or w/e they have.
    If raising the issue with the game dev doesn't get results, seek publicity, reddit, youtube, etc. But, please read up on conditions on those items etc, can be they have a limited validity etc.
  15. prodigyaustralia

Steam:
    Ah okay thanks.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  16. 8]}x龍神x{[8

8]}x龍神x{[8 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46806662
    Is dota2traders.com under maintenance or down?
    I believe I have a rep thread post in dota2traders.com, how can I recover it?
  17. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Its good as dead I guess...

Leon is not much online and the hoster is making everytime mistakes on the invoice / charging etc. which then leads to the automatic payment not succeeding. Leon wants to keep it up, but not on a expensive host to keep things running. If I see 'm online, I'll shoot 'm a message.
  18. 8]}x龍神x{[8

8]}x龍神x{[8 New User

Steam:
    I haven't open it for about 2 years or so. But im in need of those +rep on my rep thread again because those +reps had Dates, Info of items traded or bought by me and my mayment method wich is via paypal. Its very Important. Like if I knew that it would close, I would have at least screenshot it and saved it.
  19. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    That's actually a horrible idea for countless reasons, mainly, an open door for impersonators/fake rep since the information can no longer be independently verified. I could take any rep page, save and edit the pagecode to match my own details and pass it off as my own. Anyone sending you rep in this manor I would avoid at all costs. The better alternative is to have the site owner make the section(s) read-only. If they dont want to host it anymore, its very very difficult to export the rep to a 3rd party w/o running into a lot of legal issues with a users account info and at the same time keep the integrity of the data (trust me on that one) If nothing else, create a cache of your thread using archive.org or a similar site/service
  20. 8]}x龍神x{[8

8]}x龍神x{[8 New User

Steam:
    Im sorry about my bad idea sir. I had bought dota 2 items during TI3, like immortal couriers (feezle carpet smeevil that is still in my inventory as collection) that I paid via paypal and had a good repthread in dota2traders.com. Then I stopped buying dota2 items and its like, well ill just leave my repthread there and come back anytime I need it again. And now im buying some items like golden basher or golden moonfall but people wont trust me and I was like,hey I remember I had a good repthead that I can show to sellers. I access the site and the boom, good bye repthread. LOL.
    But anyways sir, please forgive me that bad idea.