1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    Tell the server owner. This is not something that SR can help with
  2. EyeofSol

EyeofSol New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:53078668
    I donated $20 to Steamrep three days ago and included my SteamID in the notes, but I haven't gotten a DONATOR tag yet. I know the donator page says 1-2 days, but I just thought I'd ask to see if my donation actually made it to you guys :) Sorry if this isn't the place to post this kind of question.
  3. CanadianInvasion

CanadianInvasion Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11860924
    Contact Diego, as he handles the donations.
  4. EyeofSol

EyeofSol New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:53078668
    Can I just send him a friend request or should I send him a message on Steamrep?
  5. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    He'll send you an email to the address you use for your paypal account if there's a problem. He's a busy man, just wait a little more if you could :)
  6. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Please see the FAQ in this subforum for more information in this regards.
  7. Shade

Shade Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:28063561
    Is there a possible type of system, where a marked person reports, say like 25 scammers or something, and they got unmarked for their good deeds? I'm highly doubtful such a system could exist, as it could be abused, but I am curious.
  8. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

The only form of redeeming oneself is via a Appeal, which isn't a "guaranteed" untagging.
  9. schwachi1973

schwachi1973 Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44290991
  10. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Nothing but remain patient. SR is under staffed, over worked, and given the very high standards required, there is no quick fix to make things faster :)
  11. -=GHS=- Zap the Liar

-=GHS=- Zap the Liar New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40183279
    Hey, apologize for being new to this but how do I get the text boxes under Victim and Scammer? I don't want to get my report delayed by not using the right format, but I don't even know how. I don't see a textbox insert button on the create thread page. Would be beneficial if you guys told us how on the format page :s
  12. Duskfall -a^DF

Duskfall -a^DF New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41806566
  13. Nathan Cash

Nathan Cash New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45077164
    Is there any way that a guilty scammer can ever get untagged?
  14. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

text boxes are done via "tags" which look like [tagcodehere] your text [/tagcodehere]. tagcodes are:
    - code:
    Code:
    any text between those has no change of the text or processing of any between even if tagcodes are used.
    - spoiler:  
    text becomes inside a box that can be expanded or closed (handy for very long texts)
    - quote:
    - i: italic - b: bold - u: underline
    - spoiler:
    text becomes inside a box that can be expanded or closed (handy for very long texts)

- quote:
    - i: italic
    - b: bold
    - u: underline
  15. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    Yes, there is an appeal process.

Each case is judged on merit from what I have seen, and while there is no guarantee of success, certainly some "guilty" scammers have had tags downgraded or removed in certain circumstances. From my perspective as an "outsider", it seems to me appeal staff are very thorough and fair minded.

I believe appeals over Paypal chargebacks are virtually impossible to appeal, and rightly so in my view.
  16. Nathan Cash

Nathan Cash New User

Steam:
    Thanks. I had a run in with the Steam law recently unfortunately. I will give it a while and try to build reputation throughout the steam community and maybe file for an appeal in several months.
  17. Nathan Cash

Nathan Cash New User

Steam:
    At least it taught me to never take shortcuts in life.
  18. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

no, better to give back to the person(s) scammed what you owe, and appeal asap. later work (or even prior) to gain reputation doesn't do anything. It only results in bans around etc.
    VenGanZa likes this.
  19. Nathan Cash

Nathan Cash New User

Steam:
    I already gave everything back before I was reported. I opened an appeal trying to defend myself and then closed it and admitted I was wrong. Does that mean I can't appeal? Well I deserve whatever happens.
  20. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    This was the thread: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/i-scammed-i-admit-it.27141/

Nathan, my personal opinion is that you should appeal in a year or at least a long time.