1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Being accused scammer by this guy

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Aviation, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Aviation

Aviation New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:73214899
    A few days ago this guy wanted to trade and he wanted something from my inventory so then i said i had to go and told him we will trade the next day. When the next day came i was not completely sure i wanted to trade this item, so he said that i promised to trade the next day and i said maybe cause i was not sure if i wanted to trade it then he said that he would report me for scamming even though i did nothing wrong, then today passed and i told him to not to report me for scamming even though i did nothing again. And also today he said he would ban my account and locking it, and i tryed to say i did nothing wrong and then i ended the chat i knew he would report me even though i said it was my choice if i wanted to trade my item and he said have fun with your locked account. And he also mentioned of a screenshot of me scamming even though i was being legit in the trade and saying that it was my choice if i wanted to trade or not.

Should i be scared?
  2. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    You shouldn't be scared. What you did wasn't a bannable offence he's just trying to force you to trade him. He can't get you banned so just ignore the idiot.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Just to make clear:

Up to the point that you or the other party do any part of the trade ITSELF, anything is open, renegotiations, canceling etc. are all fine. In other words, if you don't want to trade you don't have to.

What does that mean. Well, as long as no money, items, games etc is exchanged both parties can exit the deal. Once a deal is struck and either party goes first, the other party is obliged to honor the agreement that was struck. There are some circumstances tho that may form a exception:
    • The other party sends money by Paypal, and things where not as was made as part of the agreement (seller for instance may have required that the account is a verified account, and it wasn't. Or the amount of money was not the agreed price, or the email after googling turned up to be a scammer's paypal account etc. There can be various reasons to cancel out at that point). The seller has to refund the money then tho (unless items where already traded).
    • If the items or games or w/e going first where not the agreed upon items in the trade. The buyer can then say to cancel the trade and trade back the items. If the payment goes thru, with the wrong items, the buyer would be able to make a scam report, for he didn't receive the agreed upon items. He'd only need to screenshot the chat to prove his being right to us.
  4. Aviation

Aviation New User

Steam:
    Thank you for all the comments this really made me feel better :)
  5. Aviation

Aviation New User

Steam:
    Edit: He also said that he would tell everyone on my trade servers that i scammed him, once again i did not scam and it was my choice to trade.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    just remove the guy from your friends list, and block 'm. you cant do any to satisfy 'm
  7. Aviation

Aviation New User

Steam:
    Yeah i did block him and removed him so i should be good to go.