1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Beware of fake me

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by fLAW CSGOFAST.COM, Jun 30, 2015.

1. fLAW CSGOFAST.COM

fLAW CSGOFAST.COM Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10425806
  2. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    Please use /profile/ links, not /id/ links. Soft links can be changed at any time.
  3. Salmon

Steam:
    That said, you need this warning on your profile, not here. No one reads here unless they've already been scammed.
  4. fLAW CSGOFAST.COM

fLAW CSGOFAST.COM Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10425806
    Thanks for reply!
  5. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    You should include a note on the showcase section of your Steam Community display, telling people that you have impersonators.
  6. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    You can make a report of users impersonating you instead of posting here, however you will also want to provide an intent to scam as well.
  7. Salmon

Steam:
    Side question - if I find a profile pretending to be Penguin the Fluffy (avatar, name, text on profile claiming to be middleman etc) that alone is enough for a report, correct? Intent to scam is only when impersonating someone without much rep?
  8. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    You mean one of the 45,000 Penguin the Fluffy's ;)? (http://steamcommunity.com/search/?text=Penguin the Fluffy&x=0&y=0#filter=none&text=☆Penguin The Fluffy) It also depends on how much they copy, for example if my name was "Penguin the Fluffy", that wouldn't be enough to tag me, but if my name was "☆Penguin The Fluffy", I changed my avatar to be identical to his, I joined the same groups as him (or made my own), I made my profile to the same level as him, and copied his profile description (as impersonators now do), then that would warrant a tag. When impersonating someone with more rep (ie MM tag on SR), it is usually easier to assume intent to scam with said person over other people as they could be trolling etc.
    SilentReaper(SR) likes this.