1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Brain Storming Section / thread?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by BigMac187, May 21, 2015.

1. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32620293
    SR is probably sick of me and my suggestions of getting more community involvement but I was looking at a couple different cases and with them I seen that there could be situations where the reviewing admin or any admin in that case could possibly not have the technical knowledge with say a software or a script that was used as a means to prove innocence or quilt.

As an example, and the answer could possibly be found by doing a google search but consider this as an example.

The case against teeird trying to rig CSGO matches the accuser had said that he had the log in his puush account. I'm clueless with puush, the admins here might have more know how about it or they might have no idea and use something else but what I'm trying to get at is that if in fact the accuser has an achieve of puush then should an admin request a live viewing of pussh? As I said, I have no idea about puush and some admin or even all admins could also have no idea about pussh / other software so In a case where the reporter has no idea I think it could be very useful to have a section where the reporter could ask the community technical based questions, the community could post their experiences and relevant links which could then assist admins in making rulings.

I'm sure with reviewing cases there needs to be some thinking outside the box, by allowing the community to assist your thinking and smarts is greatly increased.
  2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    This is why a forum like this exists. If a question arises on whether an issue or action is reportable, or if something warrants discussion, someone would post here and we'd all contribute to answering it.

Also, SR admins, at least the ones that I've talked to, are incredibly well-versed in technical know-how. Certain niche topics may elude many, but then again, that's why we have a forum. Crowdsourcing expertise is already happening, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  3. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    I'm not sure that crowdsourcing is happened, do you have an example? What I'm getting at is something dedicated, some thing where the people with know how that aren't part of the SR admin group and are looking to help could look to keep an eye on.
  4. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    If people have such questions (and I've seen em asked there before) they can ask 'm in the ask a staff thread. Contrarywise if the question was meant for the community in general then they would post a thread here and receive the same results

:3
  5. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    Having a dedicated thread to it means people could watch the thread and be notified when something is posted. The general board is just that a general board.
  6. Yossef the Brony

Yossef the Brony New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:24859915
    You can still get notified if you subscribe to any particular thread, or in this case "Watch" the thread.
    No need for an additional section, it is pointless
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    Yeah a thread will be great, i guess it depends on how active it is if the additional section is worth it. As is if it was to take off then an additional section will be good to break up the topics.
  8. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    And if I have a GENERAL question (meaning: something that literally nobody asks on a daily basis) about a technology pha-lumpf-phalumpf or something, then I would post it on the GENERAL discussions. As Yossef said, literally a space waster.
  9. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    Dude you don't seem to get my suggestion.

Someone could possibly not care about the other general inquiries but could have the smarts in say Steam API or coding and could like to see if they could help answer questions an admin could have.. in this case they could be watching a thread and if something pops up they could see the question in their email. It's a way for them to filter out from all the other (why hasn't my report been looked at) kind of questions.
  10. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    SR has a search feature at the top of the page. You can search for almost anything and get an answer.
    Trust me when I say that if an admin for SR can not find the answer to a problem, it probably cant be answered.
    They have a vast database and any question that arises has already been answered in one form or another.
    Roudydogg1 and Hitman Sparky like this.
  11. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    To be fair, SR has not thought of everything possible, for that is impossible.
    Roudydogg1, Clive and Hitman Sparky like this.
  12. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    I already thought about you posting this. So it is possible.....