1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Can I - the victim - get my scammer unbanned?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Doctor Bashir M.D., Jun 18, 2015.

1. Doctor Bashir M.D.

Doctor Bashir M.D. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42202701
    Basically i got scammed but the scammer claimed that it was his friend. Whether or not thats true doesn't matter but he did promise to gift it back on the 20th (earliest date he can). If he does this, can i get him unbanned from steamrep?
  2. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    He can appeal after being banned. Giving the item back does not change anything in a report.

"My friend took control of my account" is 99.999% of the time the scammer trying to cover his ass. I have never seen anyone actually have this happen to them.

Also, if it actually did happen that someone else took control of their account, they're still responsible for the security of their account.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    A very lousy "friend". if they can't be trusted with "their" account, the "friend" cannot be trusted with other stuff either, hmm?

But anyhow. on the question
    - If already marked: You reply in the appeal, the admin will weight it into it.
    - If a report only, you and him can respond on it that it has been repaid, and you can say that you wish 'm not to be marked, and the admin that handles it will weight that in.