1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Can you ask an admin to remove a report?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by jmdjoe, Nov 10, 2015.

1. jmdjoe

jmdjoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55584809
    Hi there,

I own a regional part of an e-commerce website, and we publish our bank account number and owner name onsite for people to see when they are ready to send us money

one day, person A decided to create a new account on our website, and then while claiming he is selling some arcana to person B, using our bank account to receive money, person A and B are communicating through steam community accounts.

After person B sent the money to our bank account, person A then claimed the money through our customer support, and then bought stuff from our website, we sell digital stuff like local game cards, so once it is redeemed, it's considered gone.

so person A then blocks person B from steam, and then vanished into thin air, leaving person B accusing us of scamming him, since we were the one who received the money.
    we have contacted person B several times via email and phone, and he insisted that we have to give him his money back - which is impossible since we didn't scam him, so we said no, since water is under the bridge and his money is basically gone, he would not have been scammed if he had googled our name before he sent the money, since our website will show up at google page 1 for that keyword.

after that he never answered our phonecalls and reply to our emails.

the main problem is, every time someone googles our bank account and name, a steamrep thread would be number one on the search results, so it's slightly hurting our business, from a credibility standpoint, someone would just google our name, and then saw this thread, and not bothering to look at the replies, and then decided that we scam people

right now, the only thing we can do, is reply to his report thread and provide links to pages that will explain the situation, if anyone bother clicking them, that is.

I don't want to post a link to the thread here, adding more weight to the google ranking

My Question is : Can I ask an admin to change the post content so it's empty? or somehow remove that post so it would not hurt our business any further?

Thanks
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    What report thread? Ya kinda left that out.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    I find it a bit odd situation. I'll look into it.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. jmdjoe

jmdjoe New User

Steam:
    I did purposely, I believe I already stated why on my first post, and beside, it's not like I post much, I only had 2 posts, it's on my profile, this and the other one on that report thread, posting a comment to explain the case

thank you, looking forward for the good news
  6. jmdjoe

jmdjoe New User

Steam:
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Don't "up" or bump threads. He said he would look into it - never said how long it would take, be patient.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  8. jmdjoe

jmdjoe New User

Steam:
    my bad, thanks alot
  9. jmdjoe

jmdjoe New User

Steam:
    I think Bumping up threads once every four months when waiting won't hurt, Up
  10. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Do not post another thread asking for your report to be expedited.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.