1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Confused thoroughly about reapeal process

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Neffy, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Neffy

Neffy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:58967686
    Hi, for the past 2 years I've been trying to lift my mark as being an alt of a scammer named Noriana. I just posted a new appeal because I am not sure on how I am to update my appeal with new information. If I recall I was told to reply to one of my older ones and then promised that it would be looked over but it never was. Could someone walk me through what I would need to do to have someone who reviews appeals actually consider what I am saying? This is my last post http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-76561198078201101-neffy-banned-by-sr.110957/#post-308093 and here is what I was talking about when I was deemed an alt. Thanks. http://forums.steamrep.com/posts/62633/
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You get one appeal, don't make a new one. You can appeal being marked as an alt, or the offense(s) itself, but not both. If you're
    appealing the alt offense, then you're basically petitioning to be recognized as a separate person, meaning even if the account linked from your SteamRep profile has a denied appeal it doesn't count as "your" one chance to appeal.

Re-appeals are usually not granted. A different admin will judge whether your appeal was mishandled (e.g. did the rejecting admin follow our policies?). If they find the appeal was mishandled, you will be given authorization to submit a new appeal, as if you hadn't appealed before, but the tag won't be removed automatically.

I'm sorry it hasn't been worked yet, your case will be looked at eventually. Any information you need to add, post as a reply to your existing appeal and not in a new one.

It's a wall of text, but I recommend reading this guide over: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/ It will explain everything you need to know about how appeals are handled and what will be expected of you. The following points will probably be most relevant to you:
    #7: What are Alts
    #11: Only one appeal.
    #12: Basic appeal procedure.
    #13: Who can appeal.
    #14: Requested information for Old Appeals
    #16: Time-frame of appeals
  3. Neffy

Neffy New User

Steam:
    So what you said about a petition to be deemed a separate person, is that basically what I was doing in my appeals or is that something different?
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You're either appealing that "I'm not this person" or "I don't think I deserve this tag because [didn't do it/reformed/too extreme/whatever]".
  5. Neffy

Neffy New User

Steam:
    So hopefully final question, I can make a new appeal stating that I am an alt and am my own person? What kind of evidence would I need for that?
  6. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Please do not make new appeal threads, as already explained (over 9000 times) you already have an active appeal thread.
    SRs re-appeal policy does not apply to you since your appeal is still pending.
    If you have something new to add to your appeal, reply to it, but do not clutter the forums and waste admin (and volunteer) resources by posting multiple appeal threads that have to be screened/sorted.

TLDR stick to your original appeal thread.