1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Did anyone giveback scamed item ?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Ликвидатор, May 17, 2015.

1. Ликвидатор

Ликвидатор New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:98859367
    I ask this because i need this information so did anyone got back scamed item and how if he got back ?
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Steam support only will give back items in 2 very specific circumstances, and they will only do so ONCE. If it happens again, you're out of luck:
    - If you where hijacked.
    - if a game was revoked that you traded for in ITEMS.

Question is if the items where worth it to you to get it back now, while you may have a later issue that cost you way more.

Otherwise, part of steamrep's policy is that reported/marked scammers have to pay back in full to get their appeal even looked at, or the report that is on them to be closed (depending on the case the handling admin can choose to not mark/ban for a report when the scammer pays back, and if the victims wishes to not mark the scammer that weights as a quite heavy point. If all that happens, the case is looked at if it was over our treshold (certain types and pre-intent etc) to still mark for.
  3. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Heya! I recently had my account hijacked, and roughly $1200 of skins traded away from it. I was able to receive everything back within 3 days (1 business day) of filing a report with Steam Support.

SilentReaper is right. Your items will only be returned if your account was hijacked, or if your game is revoked.
    If your items were hijacked, you will need to provide screenshots of the trade window, the user that the items were traded to, and a detailed timeline of what you have done to secure your account and email.
    Steam Support will then possibly return your items (It will only happen ONCE!) once they have reviewed your ticket.

Please remember to keep your account secure. If you were scammed, please report the scammer here as well as on Steam.

Best of luck!
    Hitman Sparky likes this.