1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Does Steam redo a scammed trade?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Dr. Kliener, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Dr. Kliener

Dr. Kliener New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:80570289
    I was scammed by someone. He used an account, pretending to be my friend, i overlooked it. He was sounding very legit though. I have contacted Steam Support, and also reported him for an scam. My frined also reported him for pretending to be other people (this case him)

Thanks in advance
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    No, steam support does not revert trades. If you have chats still, you could make a report here on the forum.
  3. Dr. Kliener

Dr. Kliener New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:80570289
    Okay, I did check older forums at steam. They staded that it is only for once but the ticket says they wont. It confused me so thats why i asked.
    Also i dont have the chat anymore, but they have been reported multiple times here.

ID's are Jacob and mandy.

Guess i have learnd my lesson
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    early on, back in 2010 and 2011 they did, but not on all cases. As that was heavily abused etc, they stopped with that. Nowadays they only re-imburse ONCE if EITHER:
    - You got hijacked
    - you traded for a game with items, and the game got revoked. They would give you the items back then.

And that only once. so choose your issue to refund wise.
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    choose-wisely1.jpg
    Tio José das Vacas, Wrath and Clive like this.
  6. Whitechapel™ ©

Whitechapel™ © New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:22512159
    I think steam support make a duplicate of your item(s) if you give them significant proof though if you willingly traded the items over the chances you'll get them back are slim to none sorry
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    They SPECIFICALLY say, and I quote: "as a one time gesture".
    That means that that is already a exception.