1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Feature wish: Mail notification when friend gets SR-banned

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Patschi, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Patschi

Patschi Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26548545
    I would wish me a feature to be able to get an e-mail notification or forum-conversation, when a friend of my Steam friends list gets banned by SteamRep. As many people maybe have about more than hundred of friends on Steam, it's difficult to keep an detailed overview about everyone. So I really appreciate any feature to get notified about any scammers in my friends list to throw them out of my friends list immediately.
  2. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    In order for this to work, SR would need to majorly restructure the current system (to get users email addresses). The strain on the servers would then be huge to determine who to send the emails to, and sending the emails themselves.

If you really cared that much, you could just check yourself every few days. Theres no risk to you by having someone banned on your friends list if you follow proper procedures and check everyone before trading.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    yeap, just check yourself at intervals, then you can also see how many banned friends they have (well, when their profile was last viewed...) You will see if you scroll down see if they have reports on them, which will be a precursor to their ban anyhow, and will be there for a long time before.

SR doesn't update automatically profiles. This is done by users checking others out, when a profile is viewed, it will be updated on our site.

Couple of issues that would come forward:
    - Banned users often turn their account to private, which makes it hard to find those who are "friends" with it on steam. Its really not a efficient way to try to search all history profiles who have been friends with it in the past, etc.
    - The other way is then to auto update those who "request" such a update feature for themselves. But I don't see this as a added value really. Would then also need those that have been "reported" etc.

I don't see the real value for such.