1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Finally a review but the staff gets retired

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Clarn, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Clarn

Clarn Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:95028868
    Hello SteamRep,

A year ago, I made a mistake and scammed an innocent person. I got reported byt the victim and received a negative reputation on my SteamTrades profile. I have refunded the victim wich I'm sure doesn't help me at all nor gives me a higher chance to not get banned from Steam. But at least the victim has deleted the negative review (http://www.steamgifts.com/user/Clarn). That was a year ago, probably not the best decision I've made.

Few days later, I finally got a review from a Staff named "You Are The One". And I was so excited that my report was actually being reviewed, getting banned or a warning wasn't actually a concern at that time as all I wanted was this to finish and not to stay hanging and not knowing what's going to happen. But the worse part is, the Staff has retired. And now my thread got back to its usual condition, wich really sucks!

I'm just hoping for the last time to get this post reviewed. As I've started going back to making videos on YouTube and finally recorded some footage playing Counter-Strike : Global Offensive. However, some dude literaly posted on a comment the link on my SteamRep profile and saying this guy is a scammer. I was ashamed of my self, probably not the best feeling or situation, and deleted the video.

Thank you for taking time reading this post.
    Regards,
    Clarn.
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    No idea what you are talking about, I almost never did reports nor did I say or imply in any way that I was looking into your report.
  3. Clarn

Clarn Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    You have replied on my report. It was actually blank, but I didn't understand what was going on. After contacting a moderator and asking him about a clarification of what you've done, he said that he wrote some notes for other Staffs to see or something like that, I'm not really sure as it's been a really long while!
  4. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    Blank posts are notes that only members with staff permissions can see. They use it in cases where they have information they are posting which, for a myriad of possible reasons, isn't something they want public.

When an admin is actually looking into a case they will post fully visibly, usually asking for more information.

Since you've admitted to the scam, the most likely course of events is to have a tag given, and then have you immediately appeal. (I don't want to speak in absolutes - I have no rule to quote on that and am not an admin, but it's what I've seen happen in the past). A successful appeal will remove the report.

However, while you are tagged you get banned from all communities which pull from the steamrep api, which is a lot of sites & servers, and some of them may leave you banned even after you finish an appeal here which requires a followup appeal on those sites. As well, appeals can take a long time to process and of course many are not successful. (again, as I am not an admin I cannot comment on your chances of a successful appeal)
  5. Clarn

Clarn Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    Thank you so for your kind reply,
    And yes that was exactly what the order Moderator told me about the admin's comment.
  6. Clarn

Clarn Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    I mean let's just hope this gets a review! Other than that, I don't really think I can do anything about it, except for waiting!
  7. Blissharmony

Blissharmony New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:27742888
    The staff at Steamrep have quite a lot of reports and appeals to go through, so you may have to wait a while. Do remember though, that posting here asking them to review it quicker or just asking when it will be reviewed, won't make it get reviewed any faster.
  8. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Looks like your report was "finally" reviewed, so I'm going to archive this.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.