1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Friend was wrongly marked but can't appeal?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by {FG} TheMCBros99, May 19, 2015.

1. {FG} TheMCBros99

{FG} TheMCBros99 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37872447
    Hey, my friend was marked for impersonating someone but as far as I checked (Still need to verify) He never had the name people accused him of impersonating in his name history... How can I help him?
  2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Heya! You can help your friend by linking him to the SteamRep forum. I suggest that he submit an appeal and wait for it to be processed. Let me know if I can clarify anything else.
  3. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    Guessing you mean this guy: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198161039052 if not it's still someone tagged as an alt, anyways his appeal was denied because he was an alt account of someone, which mean an SR admin found IP clashes between his account, his appeal was denied so nothing you can do.
    Hitman Sparky likes this.
  4. a Gentleman

Steam:
    If it was that person, there is unfortunately not much you can do. The appeal was denied.
  5. Lulz 3

Lulz 3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:113573619
    ( im the person eric thats banned )
    I want to say that its kinda unfair because its unfair for me to get banned for this. Its not my fault that my friend #billy is a scammer, and he scams people then
    f✿✿✿s me up and stuff. He comes over sometimes to play an game and so it gives us the same ip since we are connection to the same wifi. and no its not my
    fault i got banned then, i cant say no to a guy i know 10+ years because hes a scammer. is there anyway for me to get unbanned? cant i do some sort of test
    or talk to someone.
  6. a Gentleman

Steam:
    From what I've seen, since your appeal was denied, there isn't much of a chance you have at getting another appeal through. Hopefully an admin/mod sees this thread and helps clarify the situation for you. Keep in mind that they deal with tens of thousands of reports and appeals with a very small team.
  7. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    @Lulz 3, Your appeal was denied by SR. Your ip address is linked to a scammer, whether this person is a friend or foe you can not have your tag lifted from your account.
  8. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    In case you didn't notice, the account he used to post isn't marked etc. Guessing it's another alt
    Roudydogg1 and Hitman Sparky like this.
  9. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663