1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Getting items back from a scammer

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Myrmidon, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Myrmidon

Myrmidon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23109531
    I recently got scammed for an unusual and keys. I believe the trader's account was hacked as he had 7 pages a rep on his steam profile and nobody would go through all that work just to scam a few people. I checked his steam profile later and it was blocked. However a few days later i checked on tf2 outpost and the hat reported it was still in his inventory and his profile was not blocked anymore. I was wondering if the real him got his account back, could i get my hat and keys back? If i could would i be treated as dealing with a scammer or it's perfectly fine? Thanks for taking the time to read this.
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Steam support is pretty slow nowadays, and I'd doubt a hijacked account would be reset so quick. Did you report him?
  3. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    Also reputation on steam profiles is worthless, as he can just delete anything negative, you shouldn't use it as a way to judge how trustworthy someone is.
  4. Myrmidon

Myrmidon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23109531
    Yes and other people reported him
    It says the report is pending actually now that i checked again