1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Getting Unmarked

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by [NL] Eric, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [NL] Eric

[NL] Eric New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:74449851
    Is there a way to getting my Sr Scammer tag away? I feel bad about it and want to start trading again and not get in problem. I know what i did is bad but it was out madness and i feel really sorry now... So if there is a wat please someone tell me... I contaced steam about it and they sayd i need to go to steamrep.
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Sorry-- once you go the route of scamming, SteamRep's policy is to ban you permanently. Our partner sites respect those bans because they do not want fraud on their sites.

It's not something that goes away just because you dislike it-- SteamRep has to warn the community that you have been caught scamming people.

You can appeal the ban if you are innocent, but because you are not innocent, there's not much point in doing that-- the ban won't be lifted.
  3. [NL] Eric

[NL] Eric New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:74449851
    Thank for replaying anyway, well then there is no hope more. :(
  4. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    So, if someone scammed 5 years ago, payed back the victum, and filed an appeal, the mark is still perma?
    If so, doesn't that encourage a scammer to continue to scam since there's no hope ever for an appeal?
  5. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Yeah, the ban is still permanent. There is some leeway sometimes given if it was a low priority issue, they repaid, time served, etc. Yet middleman impersonation scams are very high severity.

If you're caught being a thief, our communities don't want them on their servers. Why would they, regardless of the amount of time it's been? They could have stolen far more than what we caught them for, and most scammers do.

People who continue to scam after being caught by us would just be tradebanned by Valve eventually. So there's not much worry about continuing to scam further once caught by us.
    Penguin The Fluffy likes this.
  6. Ł@ŭяєη$

Ł@ŭяєη$ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:14009484
    He's still scamming, he's now impersonating me with another account. Just to let you guys know.
    Account he impersonates me with: http://steamcommunity.com/id/elvper/
    Got proof it's this guy, I can give on request.
  7. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Please file a report. I'm going to lock this thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.