1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Gift exchange scam

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by ♥ this sexy keik ♥, May 21, 2015.

1. ♥ this sexy keik ♥

♥ this sexy keik ♥ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:22621927
    I made a mistake and decided to trade some gift only set from dota2 and while I was submitting all of it here it came to me like a thunderstrike: I forgot to screen/capture the moment I was gift-wrapping item... Can I still submit it? Because, obviosly, I don't have hard evidence now alongside my item.
  2. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello, if you have the evidence of the agreement, and the trading history of the item, we can take the report.

Regardless, if the user already has many reports, is good to mention it also, as to keep track.
  3. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    It is always in the community's benefit if you choose to submit a legitimate report. Try to gather all the evidence that you can. Trade windows, trade confirmations, Steam IDs, chat boxes, they all help.
  4. Jerry 2

Jerry 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52875253
    since the gifts sent can not be tracked like trade history,tour only option is to hope that he did not remove the dedication from the gift and u can then take a screenshot of that item in his inventory,along with chat agreement and your invent history (to prove he did not send u promised items)