1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Has anyone talked to paypal about changing their invoice UI?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Salmon, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    Just before I go and pull favors to get in contact with someone there who can do something about it.
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Not that I know. But paypal can't be trusted with anything above 30 dollars anyhow. Seeing that they just lock traders for 6 months that have locked some traders who (stupidly) had thousands of dollars on it. Or let their other customers eat the costs of the CC Chargebacks that happen to them, instead of going after the person that is chargebacking, to improve customer trust. Oh, and in Europe, they f✿✿✿ed it up so bad, with favoring their US customers in any dispute. Also support of transactions of other things then "physical" goods being transported by a postal system, like, for instance... digital items... like in-game items, MP3's, games, donations etc... wait, wait, roll back, you said games? yes... valve also accepts paypal... and gets chargebacks, Valve can't fight the chargeback, so they rollback all traded items and lock the account involved.

Paypal SHOULD: put a higher fee, and then give WARRANTY on ALL payments: no chargebacks. That would get them to fight harder against the bad guys instead of punishing the good ones.

Gee, I wonder why I'm so against paypal...
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  3. Salmon

Steam:
    Don't get me wrong I also have a massive distrust for paypal, but the community still insists on using it. I have no imaginations about getting their vast other issues solved, I simply want to see if I can get them to fix the invoice UI issue which allows scammers to make invoices look like payments.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  4. advicebanana

advicebanana SteamRep Moderator Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11522747
    Requested a change with customer phone support after receiving an invoice from a scammer multiple times. Nothing has changed, afaik.
  5. TFD_Industries™

TFD_Industries™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23416765
    Companies like these will never change their policy or preform modification to their system unless they realize the problem can be a threat to their profitability and reputation.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Reputation? There are companies with good reputation and there is Paypal, the diametrical opposition.
  7. TFD_Industries™

TFD_Industries™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23416765
    You're right. Paypal used to issue public statements and apologizes to their loyal customers whenever any problem was brought to the public's attention (at least they tried). Now the company has been going downhill for a quite a while already, and it will never recover with this kind of attitude towards their "loyal" customers.
  8. Salmon

Steam:
    Customer phone support has almost zero power in the company. I'm working to get in contact with some actual employees.
  9. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Story time:

Last month, I made several donations via Paypal to a person and each donation totaled $1. I made about $15 $1 donations (was doing this "for every donation I will donate $1" thing). I have done this many times before to the same person with no error. This time, however, Paypal, without my knowledge, decided to charge me a fee of $32 each time I donated $1.
    Having over $450 in fees, naturally I went to Paypal to protest them...As you can imagine..I received no response. So I went to my bank to protest the fees.
    This worked, for the most part...my bank was able to reverse HALF of the $32 fees ($240) as that was all their policy allowed. The banks branch manager told me that altho this occurrence was "extremely weird" and that she had never seen something like that before, that I'd have to take the rest of the fee's up with Paypal itself. As you can imagine, I have received no useful response in over a month.

If this isn't reason enough to distrust Paypal and its services...
    TFD_Industries™ likes this.
  10. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    I have found that calling PayPal's support line helps resolve most issues. However, if you currently have more than $1000 on hold in a PayPal account, and don't understand why, feel free to message me, and I can ask for you. I know a few people in tech/venmo/pp.
  11. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Roudydogg1 likes this.