1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Have you ever had your items disappear from inventory?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by 7-11, Aug 25, 2013.

1. 7-11

7-11 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50933969
    Hi, everyone!

So, I suspect I've had 10 of my Mann Co. Supply Crate keys disappear from inventory. It was 57 keys this morning before I left home and now it's 47 keys. I haven't got any extra trades in trading history and I'm pretty sure that I'm not suspecting this by mistake, because I took notes of the amount of my belongings in a notepad before I left. I've been trading a lot these days so is it possible that one person (or more, but since it's 10 keys being lost at once, it's more likely to be one person) that I have traded with gave me keys that were purchased using fraud method which led to Steam deleting them from my inventory? I've created a support ticket but I'm not sure if they will ever respond to this one since they still haven't responded to my last ticket about a similar problem (items being revoked).

Have this thing ever happened to you guys? If it has, did support help you to get your items back?
  2. Bluedemon

Bluedemon Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:31851817
    Usually when items disappear from your inventory they reappear when you start tf2. I have never heard of anyone losing items forever though.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    keys get deleted if by fraud, but you should get a notification of that, check your email / steam client.

You can contact steam support for this to get a answer, and if you traded for them in items, you can get your items back.
  4. 7-11

7-11 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50933969

Are you sure that we'll get a notification? I've asked some people and they told me that they have had items/games deleted from inventory before and they said they didn't get any notification >.< But I know we'll get one if a game is revoked from library..
  5. |KSAW|// Nagyimetál

|KSAW|// Nagyimetál New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25617776
    Normally it shouldnt happen and if yes, its most likely because of any potential fraud/hijacked item
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    I said "should" for normally there is a notification by steam client. But better ask steam support, and glean your trade history on your account.
  7. I have had that happen to me:) , but they always reaper when I restart TF2.
  8. Sari

Sari Helpful Member

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50710336
    I notice this seems to have been happening a lot since the recent update.
  9. ryaneus

ryaneus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53135677
    Hmm... Are you sure its not a mistake on your part? If you're sure its not, maybe try checking backpack.tf for past records of your backpack from previous days. If such an incident did happen, I'm sure contacting Steam support will help.