1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Having a rep+ profile

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by c0ndu, Jul 15, 2015.

1. c0ndu

c0ndu New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:12761420
    Since we all know that rep+ on d2l and steam(comment section) is all just baloney, can some one explain me how can I rep+ or how can I be repd+ on reddit/steamrep?

p.s. sorry if this was created before or if I haven't seen it on FAQs
  2. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
  3. c0ndu

c0ndu New User

Steam:
  4. c0ndu

c0ndu New User

Steam:
    if you use*
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    just take a step back, and think what reputation actually is. Anybody can spam their steam comments with +rep, but how would you know anything from it? I've seen ppl pay a scrap for a +rep on their profile, pages and pages full of these nonsensical crap. I've seen ppl using a alt to spam hundreds of messages in 1 day on a profile, so it would say 30 pages of profile comments, and then let a couple ppl +rep them on their page, ppl don't check next pages and assume crap from it.

Most admins and MM just will delete those crappy s✿✿✿ for its useless, can't know who it exactly is vs the account page that the comment is on, can't know what the trade was, can't know what was meant with it.

So, what is reputation? Think of people you don't personally know, but know off. For instance at your school, at your work, or w/e. Those people, you know of, for whom they are, or whatever function they represent. Doesn't mean necessarily trust per se. Their reputation precedes them in that way. Apply now in the trading world... you find out that near nobody has that. You then end up on people with youtube or twitch or w/e channels that are known around, but it still is a shell of animosity, for you don't know their real name, where you can actually find them, etc.

That ends up with the only solution that past deeds do tell things: past trades for cash trades. And it only tells anything, if you know the full deal, what items, how much money was transferred and that its independent.

Anybody you don't know and don't see a track record? its like walking up a stranger in the street, he tells you to go first, and you get your money the next day*. You come the next day, and how you going to know they show up?

*Paypal equivalent: trade items, money later etc.

The one going first... is dependent on the other, the one receiving first, can run away.... hence the rep goes to that person if they don't run.
    Lava and Tio José das Vacas like this.
  6. c0ndu

c0ndu New User

Steam:
    I understand that and this happened to me today, a person added me going first and I did not run, I gave him the item via gift. You said the rep goes to the guy that didn't run away but how will others know I did not run, currently is there no liable source where to verify these positive rep things? Steamrep only shows negative things, what about the positives?
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    the partner communities have forums etc where people can maintain a reputation thread for that purpose. Some require that for a reputation, the trade must originate from that community etc. so make sure to read their rules...
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  8. c0ndu

c0ndu New User

Steam:
    Was expecting that. ATM I am only using the reddit community and unfortunately they have no good way to give positive reputation to traders. Well... guess I'm gonna have to use middlemen or actually go 2nd mostly. Also Admin do you trade dota2 items what community is to your liking(subjectively speaking).
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    I don't trade much. I've done like 3 or 4 trades this year.
    Flying Anonymoose likes this.
  10. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Oh, and which partner community is most to my liking... several tbh, Lethal-zone(LZ-Trade), Fortress of Gamers (FoG) and Harpoon Gaming (HG) I guess.