1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Help please!

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by [DsGN] CaptainBeluga ♡, Aug 1, 2015.

1. [DsGN] CaptainBeluga ♡

[DsGN] CaptainBeluga ♡ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:70503682
    Whenever I try to trade someone it says I am trade banned..

Same when they trade me.

But my steamrep says i have no bans im perfect...?

And my backpack.tf rep says im perfect no bans????

HELP PLEASE I WANT TO TRADE!!
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    You might have a trade lock... tho those are becoming rare. But that should get you a message within the Steam client that you have a message from support. If not, did you try with somebody else to trade or a trade offer (with some worthless)?

Or did you re-activate Steam Guard? for that means that you can't trade for 7-14 days (don't remember current period they've set it) as a security measure.

If you have a trade lock, you need to make a ticket with Steam Support: http://support.steampowered.com/
    If you reactivated Steam Guard, then nothing you do can change that you have to wait it out.

If you have a problem with your steam client, this guide might help you: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steam-client-clean-up.104175/

Outside that, we cannot help you.
  3. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Sounds like a Trade lock, as Reaper suggests.

Valve Trade Lock
    - Cant do anything (trade, ect)
    - Means Valve is investigating the account.
    - Means the lock Is temporary.
    - Means it's invisible on your profile/steamrep.
  4. CCPD

CCPD New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54421459
    Steam account gets a 7 day trade ban when Steam Guard is re-activated or Steam cookies deleted. If it's cookies, trades can still be done through Steam Client. Screenshot of the message could help to determine your problem.