1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Historical data

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Crusisx, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Crusisx

Crusisx New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:87569253
    Hello,

read the faq, but i would like a solid answer to my question

on one of my alts, i uploaded an offensive image for the avatar (not violating the SSA) and it bothers me to know that people will be deterred from trading with me if they were to look up my historical data, is there a way to remove it?

does the data get overrun eventually, or do you mean to tell me that all entries remain there forever? surely there must be an expiration date or something...
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    That data is provided as a historical reference, and will not be removed. It's there for traders or community admins conducting background checks (e.g. researching past impersonation scams/attempts).

That said, if the only thing you're worried about is an avatar, it's unlikely anyone would notice it, seeing they'd have to log in first, then load each of your past profile snapshots to look at your profile when they can see your name history right from the menu. Making a post about it in our general discussion board could draw some curious eyes though...
  3. Crusisx

Crusisx New User

Steam:
    Well that sounds fair i guess, a bit disappointing to be honest...

It's just that i know some people are going to use Steamrep to do their own research and they won't be happy to see the offensive image right there, it's going to take me a while to use multiple aliases to make the image go down, surely not the whole thing but i think it would be fair if we're able to delete at least 1 entry...

well thxs lad, sorry if i posted this at the wrong sub-forum/place
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You posted in the correct section. If you're talking about the alt I think you're talking about, I didn't see anything overly offensive, and don't think anyone would really bat an eye even if they were digging. Hitler and pony avatars aren't going to offend most people in a gaming community.
  5. Crusisx

Crusisx New User

Steam:
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Lets just say we can see a bunch of info around users, and can determine in various degrees if they have alt accounts and which accounts those are.

Now, you really want to drive home that question asking us to directly link here in the thread to what WE think you mean, or are you going to leave it at that?