1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How can i report someone whos trying to scam?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by KaTeAem, Feb 15, 2016.

1. KaTeAem

KaTeAem New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:74091918
    He is on lounge with a m4a1-s hyper beast st fn and in his inventory there is the same weapon but he says the trade url is on his profile. If i follow this tradeurl i get to his 2nd acc with a battle scarred m4...

I have also screens to prove this.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Many users use other accounts they own for storage...this doesn't mean they are trying to scam you. Screens of items held in accounts don't prove much, you need to clearly discuss the trade in full with the other user AND have the user verify themselves in the chat what is being traded also which shows that both parties agreed to the terms. You screen shot the FULL screen - most users that wish to make a report make the mistake of cropping the chat boxes to only show the chat but it excludes date/time etc.. we can't accept edited or cropped screen shots.
  3. KaTeAem

KaTeAem New User

Steam:
    For me this is a clear attempt to scam. Have a look on this screens.

Attached Files:

4. KaTeAem

KaTeAem New User

Steam:
    Screen 1: His offer
    Screen 2: His trades
    Screen 3: His profile (remember the trade url)
    Screen 4: His Inventory
    Screen 5: His Fake Inventory (look on the url again)

If the screens not enough try on your own: http://csgolounge.com/profile?id=76561198219789635
  5. Mako11

Mako11 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:1069981
    steamrep mods dont seem to care about scam attempts. even if you provide 100% evidence of an attempt
  6. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    We do accept reports of scam attempts, the issue with this particular situation is that there is no trade agreement, so we cannot prove the user's intent was to scam. If there is "100% evidence of an attempt" to scam in a report by our standards, then we accept the report. We only ban based on evidence, and if there is not sufficient evidence we don't ban a user.
  7. tstki

tstki New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25324425
    Even if a scam is not fully proven - the fact that someone took the time to report the user should still stay listed as an unconfirmed report on their account,. right?
    If a user has a dozen of those,. well there's fire where there's smoke even if they didn't get banned "yet", they are likely to be soon.
  8. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Its always still worth reporting, even if the report ultimately gets rejected for lack of sufficient evidence. All the archived/invalid reports on a user are still searchable from the users SR profile. You can use that information to make an informed decision if the user is likely to cause you troubles or worse.