1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How come can scam like this ??!

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by ஜ۩Sakuya۩ஜ, Oct 1, 2015.

1. ஜ۩Sakuya۩ஜ

ஜ۩Sakuya۩ஜ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60028474
    Someone want buy my knife, The urxselizex is my fren as a middle man, when trade knife to my friend its show my fren name, but after trade it its show me trade with a unknown ppl...how come ?.... image.jpg image.jpg
  2. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Well based on what you've said, I think you've been scammed, that was not your friend but someone who changed their name to that of your friends and stole the knife.
  3. LW | Trades | Key Swap

LW | Trades | Key Swap New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:99307277
    Someone tried to scam me like this few days ago, he asked me to send my knife to friend, he wanted to make sure i will not sell it. Than he sended trade offer to my friend with exect same name and avatar profile as main, gladly mine friend was smart and dublechecked that he had 0 games and i have near 2000 :D

Scammers geting smarter sadly :(
  4. Enstage

Steam:
    They've been using this technique for a while now, sadly people still fall for it, and evidently some experienced traders (possibly you) are unaware of it.
  5. ஜ۩Sakuya۩ஜ

ஜ۩Sakuya۩ஜ New User

Steam:
    damn, quite sad now :(
  6. Enstage

Steam:
    Bad luck man, at least it won't happen again now.

You can make a SteamRep report here:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/forums/report/

Also report them to Steam using the following button, on their profile:
    [​IMG]

Make sure you have the right person first though, and provide evidence in all cases. If you need help I'm happy to help; just add me on Steam.

Good-luck.
  7. ஜ۩Sakuya۩ஜ

ஜ۩Sakuya۩ஜ New User

Steam:
    Scammer real acc call Matt Kean, blocked me, i think he using another fake acc keep changing name scam... image.jpg
    image.jpg

Attached Files:

8. ஜ۩Sakuya۩ஜ

ஜ۩Sakuya۩ஜ New User

Steam:
  9. LW | Trades | Key Swap

LW | Trades | Key Swap New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:99307277
    Yeah im was doin mostly trades with my friends, or steam cards trades for games, now i started to trade CS:GO items for a bigger scale (invested 100 euro in keys) and like every time i bump my offer on lounge i have 30+ private profile invites that want to scam me, that why i joined steamrep to learn how to protect myself.
  10. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377

No, a wider population means more stupid people for scammers to scam. It used to be most successful scammers were legit traders (or traders purposefully building rep) going rogue to abuse their legitimately gained rep. Now it's really obvious things like this, being done on a wide scale, to catch idiots.
    advicebanana likes this.
  11. Cloud 69

Cloud 69 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:117892017
    Soo true salmon , im from bulgaria aswell by the way