1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How to appeal on SteamRep Forums?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by ☠Crⓔⓔp☠, Sep 23, 2015.

1. ☠Crⓔⓔp☠

☠Crⓔⓔp☠ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:101118723
    • I was wondering how to appeal your forum account if it's perm or temp ban if longer, like 2 months.
  2. ☠Crⓔⓔp☠

Steam:
    Not the SCAMMER or CAUTION tags!
  3. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    hahahahahahahahahahaha
    prodigyaustralia likes this.
  4. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    I too, am curious what the procedure would be. Even tho I know why you asked this question (obviously) I do hope it will be answered before archived.
  5. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    It's basically impossible to appeal (as someone who has gotten 4 forum bans now)

That said, I only actually tried to appeal one of them (and was successful)

You have to either add an SR admin and beg (which is a bad idea, since they hate being bothered like that) or create an alt and create a new forum account, which is also a bad idea since if you do it wrong it's ban avoidance.

Not really sure why they're letting you post from tagged alts when your other alts are forum banned.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Perm bans from the forums are only for spambots. Normal users get up to 6 month bans from the forums. Perm bans are very rare, and are often only for people that abuse our forums to further their scamming (impersonating admins here on the forums... yes, that happens, etc.). Everybody else will see a bunch of warnings before they got banned, and even if they are moderately annoying, they won't see a ban for longer then a week for it. (thats how the forum warning points system works.. above x you get a ban for 3 days, above Y you get a ban for a week, above the max will get you banned for duration that you are above the max).

If they use an alt account, we'll allow it, but if the abuse/problem continues, those often get a perm ban.

As for appealing them goes.... you will have done pretty bad to get that many points, which involve normally a bunch of admins each applying different "warning points" for various stuff on the forums, so we don't feel a official way to appeal these is needed... Too many people already where involved in banning the account... that the person really need to learn otherwise and gain some more "wisdom" before allowed back. So creating a forum thread to appeal that is not going to work. Got a saying here, roughly translates as: if you burn your ass at the stove, you'll have to sit on the blisters.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    And for those curious why he got banned from the forums, it was for these kind of replies on reports etc:

[​IMG]
    Roudydogg1 and Salmon like this.
  8. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    When someone has like 4 different forum alts here like OP, all used for causing trouble after multiple warnings, as well as a scammer tag, we usually ban all except one so they aren't prevented from appealing the tag, hence why his main account is not banned. Bans at or beyond that point are pretty uncommon though, and only done in extreme cases, like this one which pretty much speaks for itself. That said, we've been pretty lenient in this case, all things considered, and even with the appeal (or 2nd appeal), further abuse may lead to a temporary or permanent forum ban on all accounts. Hell, even Steam Support about had it with this user and issued a community ban on top of the trade ban for a few months.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Friend Members, SteamRep Partner Members, SteamRep Partner SCAs).**
    Roudydogg1 and SilentReaper(SR) like this.
  9. ☠Crⓔⓔp☠

Steam:
    No no, i'm aren't appealing on alt forums.
  10. prodigyaustralia

prodigyaustralia New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52814116
    Didn't his account named "Taco" get banned aswell?
  11. ☠Crⓔⓔp☠

Steam:
    yes, for s✿✿✿ posting
  12. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    We have alt forums? news to me... guess I'm not senior enough....
    Roudydogg1, Enstage and Salmon like this.
  13. ☠Crⓔⓔp☠

Steam:
  14. ☠Crⓔⓔp☠

Steam:
    Where is that.
  15. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
  16. prodigyaustralia

Steam:
    Directed at SilentReaper and/or any other SR moderator/Admin/partner community admin responding to this guy.

I understand you are trying to help him and educate the community but how do you tolerate it. Plus its your role in the community.

But how do you tolerate it without going full retar*d.

It's just blatant lying and way beyond stupid. I swear talking to a brick wall would be more sensible.
  17. prodigyaustralia

Steam:
    Also whilst reading one of his appeal thread's, he lists a new alt.

I've funny he comments on his on alt profile using his main profile saying "Added for Middlemanning"

haha

[​IMG]
  18. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    I can't honestly say everyone here is 100% perfect in dealing with that kind of thing, but in a case like this he's entitled to a single appeal (if he ever gets the trade ban lifted) and banning him from forums would inhibit that. Another thing is we never ban people for posting things critical of SR here. Spam aside, it's pretty hard to get banned here unless you do something really outrageous.

Back to your question, just one of the challenges of being staff I guess. One of the things we look for in moderators is ability to keep a level head, and that's why.
    Roudydogg1 and SilentReaper(SR) like this.
  19. prodigyaustralia

Steam:
    fair enough I can respect that,
  20. ☠Crⓔⓔp☠

Steam:
    Lol, Yes I did that, because I was trying to sell my soldier item, nobody wanted to trade with me, because of that ban.