1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How to Start Trading in CSGO?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Bamboosels, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Bamboosels

Bamboosels New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:93934285
    Hi, I really want to start trading in CSGO and have some questions.

First off, where should I make a thread for my reputation? I already have a reputation I guess on
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, Valve (Automatic)).**
    LINK REMOVED because I've been buying and selling a bunch of Wizard101/CoC/LoL accounts on there, so this is my profile on there
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, Valve (Automatic)).**
    LINK REMOVED

Second, if I were to sell my items for PayPal money, and I do a SteamRep Middleman, and the buyer sends payment, how do I know they won't just charge back the money? Is there any way to recover my items in that incident or win the chargeback?

Thanks in advance,
    Harman
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2016
  2. Bamboosels

Bamboosels New User

Steam:
    By the way you may not be able to visit
    Hidden Content:
    LINK REMOVED if you're viewing this thread the day I posted it, their site is down for a few hours because they're doing some upgrades to their Middleman system! :)
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    What? You want to start trading CSGO stuff yet you have a rather large collection of items now.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  4. Bamboosels

Bamboosels New User

Steam:
    It's all just stuff I've bought off of OPSkins :p Except the hyper beast, I unboxed that!
  5. Bamboosels

Bamboosels New User

Steam:
    Could anyone answer any of my questions? Any advise?
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  7. Bamboosels

Bamboosels New User

Steam:
    Could I make one on
    Hidden Content:
    REDACTED or do most people not know/trust that site? I feel like it's more common as an accounts trading place specifically, so I'm not sure if people would trust a rep thread on that site.
  8. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Buying and selling accounts is against the Steam Subscriber Agreement, and as such we do not condone it. In case that is not reason enough for you to abstain from this practice, I will also tell you it is very risky. Not only do you have to worry about the account reseller following through, but they can also reclaim the account at a later date through Steam Support. Furthermore, the account may have pending VAC bans, scam reports, or other issues which will cause problems for you later on, including propagating those bans to your other non-purchased accounts that now get identified as alts by Steam Support.

I have removed links to the account trading website from your above posts. Please do not link to websites of that nature again.
  9. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Just making this more clear for those browsing this topic:

http://forums.steamrep.com/pages/faq/
    For the reasons lava pointed out above, you are basically SOL if the account is SR banned and you attempt to appeal, we wont grant the appeal.