1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

I have a question, plz answer.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Pooh Bear, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Pooh Bear

Pooh Bear New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:82639211
    This guy approached me with a trade: he said he would buy a bayonet | tiger tooh fn off opskins and trade it to me for my 2 knives. (bayonet | urban masked mw and a bayonet | blue steel ft). he said "if its ok with oyu, could we contact a SteamRep Admin to assist us? to make sure you wont back out. I was just wondering if that was a thing and if it is how it works?
  2. Pooh Bear

Pooh Bear New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:82639211
    and if its a thing which type of admin do we use
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    No, its not something we do, its possible the user will link you to a fake SR Admin or Community Middleman and attempt to scam you. Be careful.
  4. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92811415
    yes, it is a thing, if a trade involves paying money or anything that can't go in the steam trade window, you need a middleman, a SteamRep middleman only listed here
    however he may link you to an imposter so confirm the identitiy of who you're trading with
    https://steamrep.com/tips/pretrade
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    @Nebras there is no way that for all those trades the MM's can help those ppl. And in a good number of cases its not needed, for both parties have some reputation on a community. Profile rep is however useless.
  6. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    I meant that he must check the middleman's profile to make sure he's not an imposter, and it's the trader's choice to use a middleman or not, then he decides if he can help or not.
  7. You Are The One

Steam:
    @Nebras Based on what the user who posted this thread said, his specific situation that he posted, it is NOT something an SR admin or community MM would do "to prevent a user backing out". That is most likely a scam attempt as already mentioned.
  8. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    I agree that it is most likely a scam attempt, however he asked if it is a thing, which I see as a question about middlemen, so I thought it would be a good idea to link a middleman list and how to check a user's reputation
  9. You Are The One

Steam:
    @Nebras I replied to his specific situation, not a general FAQ of what SR admins/community MMs do. Big difference.
  10. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    and I did not say you did something wrong
  11. You Are The One

Steam:
    @Nebras I am saying what you posted does not answer the users question* whatsoever.