1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

I have a question. [Verbal Agreements]

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by chrisizeful, Sep 17, 2014.

1. chrisizeful

chrisizeful New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:54774315
    Can a user be banned for a 'word of mouth deal'? For explain, say I am going to trade a person an unusual for his unusual, and we agree to certain circumstances. In this instance we agree that if the person I am going to resell the unusual to retracts, then he will roll back the trade. Obviously I bring it this up because the agreement was broken. I assume the answer is no, but I am hoping for yes. [:
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Always capture your agreements in writing. :)

If there is circumstantial evidence around the terms of the agreement, you might be able to prove the agreement was broken, but it's very hard. In general, if it's a verbal agreement, we're not going to be able to ban them unless you're lucky and there's a lot of surrounding evidence that points to fraud or fradulant behavior. It gets really difficult.
  3. chrisizeful

chrisizeful New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:54774315
    Thank you very much for the reply. Sadly, I was only able to capture the part of the conversation that occurred today when I got back (http://i.imgur.com/QPouY84.png). The rest of the conversation was lost when my computer auto-restarted for a Windows update. Looks like he won't be getting banned, sucks.