1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

I lost my respect of SteamRep

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by k1rby.-, Oct 21, 2014.

1. k1rby.-

k1rby.- New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:48866521
    I'm going to keep it short, and this is going to be sort of a rant, but what happened made me lost my respect for this system: I checked this guy's SteamRep and he had one report, but it did not seem very well funded so I just went ahead and ignored it, got scammed as I was foolish enough to not use a middleman, and got two CS:GO weapons stolen. Fine. My fault.

But then I submitted my report here, all with the proper screenshots and description, and even got answered by a mod who asked for more information, which I provided and proceeded to wait; I left my Steam chat open for a week+ just in case the mods needed more information, until I eventually had to restart my PC. TEN days later, and admin decides to close the case as "Unfortunately there is no screenshot of a chat agreement here, which is a vital piece of evidence in this report, so I will be rejecting this report."
    He did not even gave me the chance to provide this information. This is AWFULLY suspicious, as now the guy I've accused has 10 REPORTS, and not even a warning is displayed on his SteamRep profile!.
    HOW IN A RESPECTABLE SYSTEM, A GUY WHO HAS 10 REPORTS IS NOT BEING HEAVILY INVESTIGATED?
    This is RIDICULOUS to say the VERY least.´

So my conclusion is that either this system is corrupt, or that the admin who reviewed the case did not want to get the problem solved, but just do his job quickly disregarding any serious investigation.

English is not my native language, sorry for grammar or typos.
  2. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    In all fairness, there was nothing in your report saying "I will give you x items for y money". The system is not corrupt, you just missed out vital information. Also, this user has multiple reports against him, however only 1 report has the required evidence to get the user marked, and due to the lack of admins it'll be awhile before one gets around to it.

Also - from your screenshots on your report (http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...-counter-strike-global-offensive-items.79499/ ) there don't seem to any more messages from the accused than the ones you posted, so Clive didn't need to look into it excessively to see that you didn't necessarily have the right information to get this user banned.
  3. k1rby.-

k1rby.- New User

Steam:
    You missed the part:
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    I'm not a report admin but, you should have provided all info upfront on the report, if you still have the requested/needed info, just make a new report.
  5. k1rby.-

k1rby.- New User

Steam:
    The problem is that Steam has no chat log, now, sadly, it is too late. The part that bothers me is that if requested, I could have provided such information, but the admin decided to close the case.
  6. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    That's why it should all be submitted upfront :(
  7. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    The reason I closed your report is because it was evident to me you did not have a screenshot of the agreement from the time of your initial report based on your chat screenshot because your chat screenshot showed the end of the conversation and that you were unable to get the rest of the chat at this point in time (see: http://forums.steamrep.com/attachments/chat-png.149790/ ). This screenshot shows that the chat was closed and re-opened, and when this happens steam shows a part of the conversation. Unfortunately, this part of the chat did not have the agreement in it, so I closed the report because you did not have this and could not get it. I also replied to multiple threads on the person accused in your report, however after looking at them all, none had enough evidence for me to guarantee that he had in fact scammed.

I replied to the reports that were very close to having enough evidence to ban the user, however they have yet to reply:(.
    There is a warning on his profile, the number of open reports against a user shows up on their profile as a warning to users trading with him (see below).

Markel_SR_Profile.png

As YATO said, if you have the evidence that was needed then PLEASE submit a report, and feel free to send me a PM here showing me the report so I can get to it ASAP!:)
    Clarn and Tio José das Vacas like this.